Peking Gardens
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 21 January 2015 via mobile

We've eaten here a few times with our son & his family. The food is fresh & we've never had a bad meal. They will even make things that aren't on thier menu( example-Chow Mein). My son is a sushi lover but likes it made a certain way & they are happy to accommodate him.
The employees are all very friendly & cheerful.

1  Thank Dab1954

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been going to this place since 1987. It has the best hot and sour soup I have ever tried everywhere (and I have been in many, many places in the world.) The other dish I always order is beef with broccoli. Well, these two dishes were not as good as I had before. Still, they are still very good. Prices are very, very reasonable. By the way, the young waiter serving me back in 1987 is still working there! Not a young guy anymore, though. Neither am I.

1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Having dined in Chinese restaurants from New England to San Francisco to Seattle and British Columbia, I'll try as best I can to compare what is available in the central PA area. There are five Chinese restaurants that we have tried in this area. This is the nicest. (My apology for shying away from the word "best"). The food is fresh, good, ample, and nicely prepared, although not what one might find in larger cities. The service is always prompt and courteous. Even if not as warm and outgoing as the staff at other places, the people here are very polite, respectful, and concerned that your lunch/dinner is to your liking. The prices are very reasonable, and the interior decor is pleasant and clean. (However, my wife tells me that the restroom was not very inviting).
The restaurant interior is a spacious dining hall, well lighted, but, unfortunately, with no windows. (The building is a large quonset hut located on concrete pilings over a brook --- Limestone Run -- that meanders through Lewisburg toward the Susquehanna River. The kitchen is apparently in an attached trailer-type building). Our most recent visit was on an extremely cold day. So, the cold air beneath the building permeated the floor and made for cold feet. We noticed that the staff had brought out a large space heater for the comfort of a group of diners at one of the tables.
I find the food to be rather plain. For example, my fried rice looked and tasted no different from my wife's brown rice, except that mine had an egg scrambled into it.......no onions, peas, or other vegetables or meats customarily mixed into fried rice. General Tso's chicken was made with a brown, mildly spiced sauce, rather than the reddish sticky-sweet sauce I've had elsewhere. Shrimp with snow peas was very good, but not too flavorful. And, the usual wonton, eggdrop, and sweet-sour soups were hot, but -- it being a very cold day -- the bowls were unfortunately served on platters that were extremely (icy) cold. The warmth of the soup dissipated quickly.
The place is quiet, seems to serve a modest number of customers, although the room is large enough to serve many more. The location seems to be convenient to nearby Bucknell University. Dress is, of course, casual. (This is central PA). Considering the 5 Chinese places that we have tried within a 25 mile radius of Lewisburg, this is the one we would choose.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

The food is great. I live the lettuce wraps. One of the few places I can find lemon chicken. The food is fresh and tasty. I love the egg drop soup. The portions are very generous. The staff is friendly. The service can be slow sometimes but is always well worth the wait!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I actually drove out of my way to order this food. The first time I came I was pleasantly surprised to find the food quite tasty (refer to my Mr. Lee's Chinese review from Littleton, NH), so this time I came with expectations of good Chinese food and I was not disappointed! The food is not Mr. Lee's quality, but it is much better than the run of the mill Chinese restaurant or buffet.