“Always a good meal”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We started with the pierogi special for our appetizer- a play on a Reuben. Potato pierogies topped with corned beef, kraut and Russian dressing. Unique and delicious. Our Long Island iced teas were a steal at $6 and quite good. My mini filet with crab cake was just enough food. My mates German veal dish was a hit. Entrees came with complimentary salads and pretzels with mustard. Service was prompt and friendly, prices were reasonable. Always a repeat.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Have been wanting to try the Newportville Inn for some time. Few of my friends got together and we went. I had the crab cakes which were ok. Did not like the rest of my meal. They also charged extra for not good blue cheese dressing. I would not have minded if it was real blue cheese dressing, They also charged for second cup of coffee most nice places don't do that. I won't go back.

1  Thank Eileen K
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We lived in the area for many years and decided to try Newportville Inn the day after Valentine’s Day. My only regret is that we didn’t visit sooner. We sat at the bar. The seats could have been a little more comfortable, but not worth knocking down the rating for that. Many authentic German beers were on tap, along with a handful of craft beers and a cider. Our bartender was attentive and helpful in explaining the various dishes. Many German favorites were available, but there was also a nice selection of typical American dishes. For those who enjoy it, snapper soup is on the menu, not easy to find anymore. We ordered the sauerkraut bites and the mixed wurst platter, both delicious. Also the very reasonable filet and crab cake. The filet was cooked to perfection and the crab cake was very good as well. The food came out in a timely fashion. The entire bill was very reasonable. Hope to stop by again very soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

This ia a German/American restaurant, the German food is like eating in Germany great selection and deelishis food. nice little bar great drinks, fair prices.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

1st time here. Made reservations for a Saturday night. Had a few drinks at the bar prior to sitting. Service was slow at the bar and one of the bartenders was not too friendly and seemed to be ignoring our drink order. When we sat at our table Our waiter was very friendly, excellent and made some recommendations on what to order. Food was very good. Would return.