All reviews cold breakfast night clerk amish country older hotel restaurants within walking distance clean rooms enjoyed my stay would stay here again bed was comfortable checking in great place to stay
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Spent Friday night at the Rodeway Inn. Departed on Saturday. Great place to stay.
Highly recommend. This our favorite place to stay in Lancaster. It is close to many activities. They an outdoor pool .

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Muriel,
Thank you so very much for your review and your valued business. It was great seeing the both of you"s on this trip. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes I agree there is so much to see and do from kids to adults. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next journey that brings you back to see us.
Guest services Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

It's clean but bathroom is so outdated the tub looks dirty because the glaze is off the tub yellow tiles look horrible TV is so old we brought our Firestick but could not plug it in
For 98$ a night I could not stay here again

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations about the bathroom. We have lots of channels on the TV most fire stick don't fit our TV. Again, We are so sorry. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next travel that brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Had a reservation at this ghost town of a hotel.
Pulled into hotel right off the main street, and noticed the parking lot was completely empty and no guest.
Walked in and nobody at front desk, so waited and when he finally showed up I asked if I could check in early (11am approximately at this time).
He tells me there was an early check in fee, and when I asked him simply for proof of this (since not posted anywhere on any website), he tells me he doesn't want to rent to me, comparing it to a bank.
Would NEVER stay here ever if I find myself back in Lancaster.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank tammyBaltimore_Md
BrendaMaywhort, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We reserve the right to enforce our policies! It is unfortunate that you did agree with our policy/practice.

Wish you all the best!!

Staff and Management
Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I waited kind of late to get a motel and all the other Choice hotels were booked up or priced out of contention so I chose this one. Overall it is a decent economical choice if you want right where all the action is in the area. The facilities and furnishings are dated. The bathtub looked like it seen brighter days. The TV was a gigantic 27 inch old school picture tube tv that took up half of the 4 door chest of drawers. All in all though, the staff tries to keep up with the rooms and keep them maintained well for what they work with. One of the areas I will have to give it a low grade is traffic noise. The motel is right off Rt 30 and you could hear the traffic go by from your room. Noise from other rooms was also noticeable. It did get quieter as the night went on, but I thought I better include that for any light sleeper. A pair of earplugs may be a good thing to incest in. All in all it was an average room. I have stayed in much better and I have stayed in much worse. If you want something fancy keep walking but if price is an option just consider all factors I mentioned it may be considered

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay for our guests. We offer a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price for our guests. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next journey that brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We pulled up to the Inn and with many concerns checked into the hotel. The outside of the building was so terrible we feared what we had got ourselves into. The corridor was very dated and smelled strongly of masking agent. Much to our relief our room was great! A very comfortable king sized bed, TV, microwave, fridge and desk with chair. The bathroom was clean and bright. A/C worked well and was fairly quiet. We enjoyed a basic breakfast before departing the next morning! Everyone we encountered (hotel staff) were friendly and helpful. Given some time to enhance the appearance of the outside of the building and update the hallways, this could be a nice place for an economical stay!

Room tip: No elevator, so request ground floor if necessary.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. We have that response all the time about the outside but when you get to the room it is very nice rooms. Yes our breakfast is a standard cold continental breakfast something to start your day off to sight see the area our guests likes to try Amish lunch and dinner so they like to eat a lot of Amish food in the area. Yes give us time enhance the outside of our building we selected the orange color so people can see us since there is a lot of white buildings around and our guests can see us from the highway. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next travels that brings you back to our area.