All reviews starbucks coffee front desk an industrial park lounge area breakfast buffet business trip the sofa bed hotel is located amish country dutch wonderland location is great i highly recommend this hotel king room other hotels in the area off the highway fridge and microwave would stay here again
Reviewed 5 November 2018

This Courtyard is no different than the numerous others I have lodged at over the years. Its claim as you walk in is that it is the 1st hotel to be entirely solar powered which may be meaningful to green conscious people. Our sink ran fairly slow which I neglected to tell the front desk at check out so I feel badly for the next visitor to use the same room. My only beef with the property is that I am a Platinum Level member and they gave us the room that overlooked the trash container in the back. Each morning we woke to the sound of the trash being compacted or perhaps it was the truck picking it up. So being a Platinum Level member is meaningless at this property.

Room tip: Ask for a room looking over the back of the property toward the hills but not near the trash
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trussoni
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Trussoni,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We are very proud to be the first 100% solar powered Marriott in the country. I apologize that your room location did not meet your expectations. Our Platinum guests are very important to us and we would have been more than happy to move you to another room with minimal inconvenience. Our trash hauler is under contract to come no earlier than 9:30 am 3 days per week so to avoid disturbing our sleeping guests. We hope to have another opportunity to earn your business again in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Welcome to Marriott's first 100% solar-powered hotel was how I was greeted, upon entrance. This first impression of the layout was classy, modern and fabulous! Welcome to fancy! Nice spacious rooms! Yes! This is the baddest Marriott I have ever stayed in! Swim and jacuzzi pool. Good bar service with Patron.
Plus they offer 'puppy love' with puppy treats! Get it Marriott!!! This was an unplanned trip and truly met mine and mine friends expectations for our roadtrip. #spgstyle #spglife #ustraveler #2018girlstrip

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear CrysTil,
I am so pleased to hear that you were one of our first guests in the hotel since we converted to 100% solar power. We are the first Marriott in the Country to do so and we are all very proud of the investment our owners have made in their commitment to sustainability. We are also very welcoming of our guests four legged family members with a little welcome bag for them as well. We appreciate being your favorite stop on your road trip and hope to see you again the next time you are passing through.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

My family and I just spent the weekend at this hotel. True to most Courtyard properties, it was nicely appointed, clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous.

We had a queen/queen room that also had a sofa-bed. Being that we had our children, one boy, and one girl, with us, the Front Desk Clerk was nice enough to let us know at check-in that there was a sofa bed, and she let us know where all the sheets and bedding were in the room. I thought that was a very nice touch, and we did wind up using the extra bed.

The room was very clean and nicely maintained, in the usual Courtyard fashion. It was spacious enough for the 4 of us, even with the sofa bed open. If there was a negative, it was that I felt the bed and pillows were bit soft. This, of course, is subjective, but I felt both were coming to the end of their lifespans.

The hotel has a bar and a small eatery, that offers menu items for breakfast as well as a breakfast buffet, which is $11.95. The menu items we ordered were very tasty and filling. The buffet is essentially what you would get at a Fairfield Inn or Springfield Suites for free. It is eggs, pancakes or french toast, a couple kinds of meats, cereal, donuts, bagels and a few additional items. My wife ordered it our first morning and said it was very tasty. We did not eat there for lunch or dinner, so I don't have any insight there.

The pool is very small, so there is no real "swimming". It's more of a splash or floating around pool. The area was nicely maintained overall though.

If I could add anything to the hotel that would have enhanced our stay, it would be a fire pit in the back. There is a very small but nice courtyard area that is just lacking that extra "something" that would have made us want to hang out there, and a fire pit would have done it for us.

The hotel is in the middle of an industrial park, so there is nothing within walking distance. Any restaurants and entertainment in the region you will have to drive to, but being right off of Rt. .30, between Hershey and Lancaster, makes it a nice place to lay your head at night, after you have been out and about all day.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jersian,
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad your family enjoyed the extra space of the extended queen room and breakfast was enjoyed by your family. It is interesting you mention the fire pit as well will be adding one to the courtyard area during our renovation at the end of 2019. I agree that it will add some fun to the beautiful outdoor space. We appreciate you choosing our hotel to accommodate your family and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I blocked rooms at this hotel for my wedding and I'm so glad that I did. The staff was so helpful and great with communicating with me in the months and days leading up to the wedding weekend. Our suite offered plenty of room for getting ready on the morning of the wedding and it was great to have all of our friends and family in one location. We were able to use the outdoor area to hang out when we got back from our venue and everyone enjoyed breakfast the next morning.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mallory H,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the visitors of TripAdvisor. We are hosts to over 100 wedding blocks each year and our hotel is a great place for your friends and family to stay during your big celebration. I am pleased to hear that the set up of your guest room met your needs and you enjoyed breakfast on your first morning as a married couple. We wish you both the best and look forward to an anniversary visit in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and nice no matter what I needed. The location is just off the highway but was quiet and the view from the upper floors was beautiful.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear brandyburzynski,
Thank you for sharing you review on TripAdvisor. Our staff takes a lot of pride in being helpful no matter what the request is. No ask is too great or too small for us to entertain. Our location is one of the things that sets us apart from other hotels in Lancaster. We sit in a quiet corporate park with activity trails and ponds within walking distance. You also have a great view of the farm land from the upper floors as you mentioned. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Lancaster.