“Good Food, Extensive Menu”

The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 658 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: William Penn Way
Transit: Public transit stops in front of the property
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I dined here the other night and sat at the bar. The bartender/server Lexi, was very nice and easy to talk to. The food was delicious but I did have an issue with a menu description and what I was served. Lexi acknowledged the problem and took care of it.
Despite this hiccup, I would go back for the quality of the food and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I made our first, and probably our last visit to the restaurant. Dining there was an impulse decision and neither of us were certain about the dress code, but seeing several couples in shorts and casual attire in the parking lot set our minds at ease. I had been on the golf course and my wife, a professional therapist with a major Pennsylvania medical corporation, had been at work. The hostess was delightful and greeted us with a smile. The fact that we hadn’t made a reservation was not deemed a problem and we were promptly seated. The occasion quickly turned from pleasant into something else as Sarah, our server, approached our table and stoically ran through the specials. Before either my wife or myself could ask a question she turned and was gone. Her expression and demeanor were completely different with two other tables situated nearby. Frequent checks were made on both, but after our food arrived we were completely ignored for the next thirty minutes—not even eye contact was offered when Sarah passed by. She likely assumed we were low budget patrons (I had exchanged my collared golf shirt for an Adidas tee-shirt) as we were certainly treated as such. My wife clears six figures a year, and I am a writer with a contract signed on a recent novel to be made into a motion picture in 2019. We can afford anything on the Greenfield Restaurant many times over. Despite the rude treatment a 20% tip was left. What Sarah missed out on was our frequent practice of leaving a tip equal, and sometimes greater, than the cost of the meal itself. Many servers we encounter are students, single moms (or dads), or someone who is working hard to make a better life for themself. We believe in generously rewarding a dedicated effort. Beyond a brief encounter with a hostess or host, the server at the table is largely responsible for the first impression a first-time customer receives. A server who judges her customers like a book by a cover makes a costly error in judgment, and either needs some additional training, or should find another line of work. The industry is known by the term “hospitality”. There was no offering of anything close to that in our one, and now only visit, to the Greenfield Restaurant.

6  Thank europa2004
Reviewed 12 August 2018

First time visit to Greenfield. We were seated outside- very lovely. Waiter very attentive and personable. Great service. We ordered drinks first- me a Berry Mojito- which was so good I promptly put it on Facebook! Appetizer which we rarely do and entre- scallops. All just superb. No room for dessert, but had coffee just so we could sit there a little longer. A re-fill was offered. If we lived closer, this would be a regular restaurant we would want to frequent!! We highly recommend.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We chose the Greenfield to eat at being as it was not a chain restaurant. The food was very good but very fancy & high priced! There was live music playing, but too loud for the venue. It was a fun atmosphere if that is your style.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We picked this Restaurant from their website. One drawback is restaurant just got sold and what was on the website menu was different when we went there. The Chef that is there now was a White House Chef for years. I got the Crab Cakes and my husband had the Salmon and the dishes where delicious and I had Peanut Butter Pie for desert that was amazing. Our Waiter Don was attentive and very knowledgable about the menu. It was a very romantic atmosphere. We enjoyed it and would go back again when we are back in the Lancaster area. Plan to bring money it is a high range price.

Date of visit: July 2018