“Great lunch stop”

Hot-Z-Pizza
Ranked #271 of 618 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 20 April 2015

We were out on a shopping day and just wanted a light lunch, we were due to have a big meal later. Spotted this place as we drove into Walmart parking lot. They offered a slice of pizza and soft drink for less than $3, just what we were looking for. The pizza was basic tomato and cheese but you could add extra toppings at 40c each - there were plenty on offer.
Pizza dough was very light and cooked well thickish crust and all was hot. Soft drink came with free refills - excellent.
Place is not big but clean and bright, does takeaway too which seems popular with local businesses.
Lady preparing meal very pleasant and looked after us very well. Definitely a bargain good fresh food.

Reviewed 10 February 2015

I ate here with a group of six others after helping my girlfriend move into an apartment close by. She and I split a veggie pizza with no mushrooms (her choice, not mine.) I got an unsweetened iced tea.

The pizza cheese was good, quite stringy and flavorful. The veggies were typical for early February in that they were not the freshest, but, hey, it's February. The tea was ok, nothing great or terrible.

The only gripe I had was the crust of the pizza. For some reason, the taste and texture reminded me of a frozen crust more than a fresh, hand stretched, etc. crust. The crust seemed to be on par with a decent frozen pizza that I could make at home and sub-par when compared to my homemade crusts.

There was nothing that would prevent me from coming back to Hot-Z, but there was nothing that would make me choose this place over any other pizza place. If I am going to go out for pizza, I typically want it to be at least as good as what I can make at home. This simply wasn't quite that good to merit regular patronage.

If I am judging this place as a dinner or late night spot, it would probably be decent due to the liquor license and good atmosphere, which are more important for more social settings. On food alone, I doubt I'll choose this place, though I would not mind going if others chose it.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

the pizza here is more of a greek style but very good. the cheesesteaks are even better! bar on one half of the restaurant and patio for eating outside

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Hot Z is my "go to" pizza place whenever my friends and I are having a craving for pizza. So yummy and not too greasy like others

Reviewed 19 January 2012

As the previous poster said it doesn't make much sense for places we all frequent to have so few reviews. These guys are dead on consistent and have great bread for their subs, good ingredients and reasonable prices. The location and parking are not ideal but their hours are, and they are great for delivery, even late night. Pizza is not the best in the state but in the top 3 locally and again, always consistent, which is no small thing. I would recommend the Veal Parmesan which is flat out amazing for an Italian restaurant, let alone a sub shop, and made fresh. Pasta's about what you' expect from a pizza shop, salads are good, and never had a poorly made sub or pizza.