“Very good breakfast place”
Review of Pantry Deli

Pantry Deli
Ranked #194 of 622 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I'm surprised by the negative reviews especially in light of the crowds on Sunday morning. Usually, I like to determine if I'm going to go somewhere by the number of cars in the parking lot and this place always on Sunday seems to be packed. The food comes out in a skillet dish and is fresh, hot, and made to order. It is a small place, not a real high end place but if you like those kinds of places better, you need to avoid this place. It's clean, service always seems to try to be helpful. My husband and I have stopped several times and haven't had a bad meal yet.

Sorry for the bad reviews but they must have either had a bad day or were expecting a lot more. Simple, good, hot food with good portions I believe it what this restaurant is all about. Sorry, others didn't like it but that's ok. That will be less standing in line for a table!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I had a late lunch will a local who recommended the place. We were off hours, so place was slow and service fast. Portions were small; but BLT Supreme was fine. I enjoy non-chain places, and I enjoyed this place.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We visited the Pantry for Sunday breakfast recently as I decided to give it a second chance since my last encounter. Too bad the service didn't improve and the food is no better too. We expected a wait for Sunday morning breakfast and were surprised that the wait was relatively short. The service - well we were not so lucky. After what seemed like an eternity we finally ordered drinks and given a menu. That's when the true wait began.

After ordering our food we sat and drank our drinks with the expectation that the food would be out within 1 to 1 ½ cups of coffee not so. Oh by the way the second cup came with the food, not while we were waiting. When it finally did the "cooked in the skillet" breakfast was not really cooked in the skillet, but assembled in a partially warm skillet. It seems that the cooked in the skillet breakfast is done in two different locations - the potatoes are cooked on on flat top and the meat/eggs on another. They are then put into a skillet and delivered. You would expect hot food when cooked in the skillet, not warm. And for the food I found that the potatoes were extremely greasy along with the eggs/omlet, the toast barely warm. For the price we paid $26.00 for two, you would expect something great, not average eggs,mpotoes, meat and toast.

I had the pleasure of eating here a number of years ago when the cooked in the skillet really meant just that. The food was hot, and not greasy. This restaurant is living off the past glory of the original owner who did provide superb breakfast food. This Pantry does not. The food was mediocre, slightly warm and very greasy. That's one combination I will definitely avoid in the future. There will be not third chance.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We went here on a whim, and were nervous when we drove up. I'm glad we decided to stay. The food was beyond delicious. My fiancé ordered a French toast sampler and I ordered the deluxe baked oatmeal and a side of toast. I didn't need the toast because there was so much food, but even the toast was delicious (and it was just toast! I seriously have no idea how they made it so good). This food was the highlight of our trip, and if we make it over to Lancaster again in the am - I'm going to make it a point to go here again.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

My mother, who is almost 80, wife, daughter and I decided to explore a new place for breakfast and went to Pantry. Daughter was coming from a different location. We came at 9:25 and she was on schedule to be there at 9:30. When three of us came in nobody greeted us. Young waitress passed by completely ignoring my "good morning" to her. One minute later another waiter approached us and asked how many people are in our party. I answered: four. He took us inside the bigger room and led us to the table for 4. There was nobody else in the waiting area after us. As we were ready to sit he asked where is the 4th person and I said that she will be here in a minute or two. He refused sitting us referring to their policy and told us to wait in the waiting area. I turned around and left the eatery. My family followed me. My daughter was almost at their parking lot and we just went to another diner and had a wonderful breakfast there. Pantry is excluded from our breakfast options forever now. Lousy service.