“great stop off route 30 outside lancaster”

Grand Central Bagel Cafe
Ranked #85 of 640 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Description: Great for breakfast or lunch
Description: Great for breakfast or lunch
Reviewed 22 August 2015

We were looking for a place to have breakfast between York and Lancaster, and we were pleasantly surprised when we found the Grand Central Bagel Cafe. We had a breakfast sandwich on a bagel as well a a blueberry muffin. It was all great and reasonable priced. They run a very efficient operation. We were passing by near dinnertime a few days later and wished it had been open so we could try some more of their menu.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

An excellent menu, staff and facility. The place is clean and has a really nice atmosphere. The staff is quick and friendly and they have a lot for the discerning type. Clean bathrooms and outdoor seating as well. The issue for us was the layout in handling large crowds. The line cuts right through the central artery of movement. No matter where you go, you are cutting through the snaking line. With hot drinks this is an issue. The lines start forming early and if you get there even by 9-930am on a weekend, be ready for a wait. The staff hustles people along but it's still a line. There is upstairs seating available, but again, not without dealing with the line that just seems everywhere you go. This is obviously a testament to the good food, service and drinks provided, so keep that in mind.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

I was traveling and got off the highway and found this gem. I grabbed a jalapeño cheddar bagel with spinach artichoke cream cheese and a sugar free caramel iced coffee. Awesome lightly toasted bagel, and the spread had a hint of jalapeño in it. I changed my order mid-order after she suggested this spread. Very helpful. Iced coffee was awesome. Prices were more than reasonable. I will be back if I am ever passing that way again! Very busy place- I guess people know it is good!

Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

My husband picked up 13 or so bagels on a recent Sunday morning. The line was out the door for a good reason. Their bagels are divine. Day 1 is my favorite day to consume them. Try everything or super cinnamon. Yummy.

1  Thank hungrygirlamy
Reviewed 4 February 2015

If you are in the Lancaster area in search of excellent coffee, fabulous bagels and great service, check out Grand Central Bagel on Centerville Rd. I have lived close by for about ten years, and when I am craving a truly wonderful cup of coffee, that's where I stop. Unfortunately due to gluten sensitivity I can't really enjoy their bagels anymore, but I can say from memory that they are some of the best I ever had. Top notch service, great atmosphere. One tip -- if you are there are prime 'commuter hour' or on a weekend morning, expect long lines. But worth the wait!