“Positively Perfect for Breakfast or Lunch!”
Review of On Orange

On Orange
Ranked #3 of 622 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 October 2017

When you walk in, you will know you are in a special place in Lancaster. Staff is awesome, welcoming, and efficient! Every dish is GREAT - always pay attention to the specials - very unique and always tasty! You won't find a better GRILLED CHEESE sandwich anywhere. And save room for "the extra special" treat that comes with your bill - simply makes paying a bit sweeter! Melissa Watro (owner) has created a special place for breakfast or lunch in Lancaster!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

There's something incredibly special about On Orange besides the tasty breakfast/brunch bites....it's the warm welcoming, just come in and relax a spell, we're so glad you're here vibe! It's very special! When I lived in Lancaster County, which was most of my first 30+ years, On Orange was a place I loved coming with sweet friends...we created many precious memories here so when my husband and I were back in the city on Saturday I just had to stop in. On Orange is still incredibly special, still wonderfully relaxed, warm and welcoming with those wonderful aromas still filling air! Slightly off the beaten path but still very close to everything! You'll be so glad that you came!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We arrived late morning hoping for a good brunch. As anticipated, there was a wait but the staff greeted us pleasantly and we were seated within the 15 minute prediction. Even with this they apologized for the wait and were very welcoming as was our waitress. The menu was large with good breakfast and lunch options. My peasant omelet was light and nicely cooked with large chuncks of potatoes, cheese and tomatoes. I opted for the side of roasted tomates which were juicy grape tomatoes full of flavor. The multigrain bread, large slices were tasty as well. My husband's chilaquiles was a large plate with eggs, jalapenos and tomato base. My son had the grilled cheese on an herbed focaccia which provided great crunch for the melted cheese. We shared a swedish pancake which was interesting, made with oats. The price was fair for the very filling food. My iced tea (free refills) was delicious, a blend of several teas, very refreshing. The staff attentive.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This restaurant was suggested by the hotel personnel. It was within walking distance. We sat outside on the patio and it was so very relaxing. The food was fresh and very tasty. The waffles/apples were recommended and it was worth the walk.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Nice little independent restaurant in downtown Lancaster. We had breakfast there with small children on a weekday morning. Good Swedish pancakes and waffles although the kids thought they were a little weird. Foodies they are not! Omelet came with roasted tomatoes or potatoes or half and half. Nice and fresh tasting. The coffee was special and I asked what they were brewing- Lancaster County Starbarn. I bought several pounds of beans at the Central Market to take home to NJ. I loved that the regulars had great pottery coffee mugs hanging on the wall with a tag with their names on them. Nice touch! Friendly people! Would be a regular if I lived there!