“great lunch”
Review of Costello's - CLOSED

Costello's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This address states Kingston but, it could also come under Edwardsville.
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Great spot to meet for lunch! My go to place. I have been coming for years. Food and service is always excellent. Wish the best for everyone at Costellos!!

Reviewed 22 November 2015

We have been to Costello's several times and always enjoyed it. However, something has changed and not for the better. The menu has shrunk however prices have increased. The soup -French Onion was very good, however the cheese was browned to the point of burnt. Not a fan of that. The Italian wedding was much better. Hubby had Cajun chicken but was not spicy nor memorable. (Funny because last time there it was delicious). I had Lasagna that was very good, but the garlic bread was burnt!! We split dessert, peanut butter pie that was like a snickers bar. Was very disappointed in the menu choices. Service was very good especially since there was only one server.however doubt if we will return.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Costello's Restaurant serves both lunch and dinner and sticks to basic Italian and American cuisine, but it does it very well. Their soups are excellent--taste homemade.They have a wide selection of appetizers including fried calamari and mac and cheese bites, but my favorite is the bruschetta. For dinner the menu is varied, but I almost always order the seafood risotto, one of the best I've ever had. The decor is very welcoming with a fireplace, and there is a very nice private party room which can be reserved.

1  Thank Jayterrie
Reviewed 25 October 2015

My wife and I had an opportunity to go for dinner on Friday, 23 October. We chose Costello's because I had downloaded, to my cell phone, a coupon from localflavor.com. We ordered our dinner and then showed the waitress the coupon. She returned from talking with the manager and told us that Costello's would not accept the coupon. I asked to see the manager who informed me that they would not honor the coupon and that they did not advertise on localflavor.com. I told him that there restaurant was regularly on localflavor.com and I even showed him on my phone. He told me that wasn't true because he did the advertising. He argued with me repeating several times about his advertising. I gave up and we ate our mediocre meal. The value of the coupon was only $5.00. I will never return to this restaurant. My wife and I were both shocked at the unacceptable customer service of the manager. The waitress was very nice, though. I informed locaalflavor.com of the incident. The manager never returned to the dining room the entire time that we were there.

1  Thank BingFahn
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I have been here a lot! Everything I have ordered, as well as what my guests have ordered has been perfect and delicious.