“Authentic Chinese ”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Went there while outing around KOP area, authentic Chinese food, lovely decor, we ordered the non-spicy dishes mainly and they were very good, the only supposed spicy dish was not so spicy but rather salty, which all worked out fairly good for us overall, will definitely come back.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Our meal was pretty good. We had chicken & eggplant, rice noodle with shrimp, Hunan beef, beef fried rice and finally shrimp lomein. Everything was yummy and plenty of leftovers!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

After reading the reviews online and being int he area, I decided to stop in with some relatives to give this place a try. We have recently visited Chengdu in Szechuan, China twice this year already so we know what authentic Szechuan food is supposed to be! We frequent another Szechuan close by in East Norriton and find it to be the best and most authentic we have ever had in the US but wanted to give this place a shot. Well I have to say the food wasn't bad but not nearly as authentic as we were hoping and still a second to Bamboo. We stopped in on a slow Saturday afternoon and it was crowded considering. Unfortunately the waitress was relatively rude and inattentive and looked utterly perplexed by our request for some vegetarian dishes. This shouldn't be the case as it is generally easy to find vegetarian fare in Szechuan itself and in basically all other Chinese food restaurants around the world. The food itself was pretty good but we have tried better versions at other places. Some of the better dishes were stir-fried snow pea shoots, the sesame noodles, and the pine nuts-corn. Although the portions were generous it was relatively expensive, with the average vegetarian dish costing about $13. I would have to say we may stop in if we are in the area again but we will not be going out of our way to go back.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I've been wanting to try out Pin Wei ever since my co-worker's wife (who is Chinese) recommended it. She insisted that some of her Chinese friends say that PW is hands down the most authentic Chinese in the region. While authentic Chinese might not appeal to everyone, especially with how Americanized the cuisine is; it's definitely a draw for me.

The dining room is very upscale and the waitstaff is all very native Chinese. In fact, two separate employees (one server and the hostess) both began to speak to me in Chinese (I'm Korean). When they spoke to me in English, they did so with a heavy accent. They are friendly, but perhaps they may not come off that way.

And anyway, the most important part of the experience is the food, isn't it? We ordered the Dry Pepper Chicken ($17), Snow Pea Leaves in Garlic Sauce ($17), Shrimp Mei Fun ($11), and Dumplings in Chili Oil ($6). The portions were huge, as we were able to take home with us enough food for a dinner for two adults and two kids. The dumplings were a highlight. While the dumplings didn't have a ton of meat, I liked it better that way. 8 dumplings were soaked in a bowl of chili oil, which had a sweet and spicy taste that wasn't overpowering.

The chicken and snow pea leaves dish are the same that I get at Han Dynasty (a Philly area chain) and Chef Tan (in Newark, DE). Both were on par with those two establishments. I would have loved to have sampled more items on the menu, but I had two young and restless kids with me.

Ironically, the lunch specials offer only Americanized Chinese dishes, so I'd stay away from them.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Had lunch with a friend. They offer a great lunch special Monday thru Friday, You can pick a dish offered and it comes with rice and your choice of soup or spring roll.

Date of visit: October 2017