Clubyamba
Pegasus Motel(Yamba)(Great Value!)
USD 95*
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclub yambapanorama suitebeach towelsprivate spahot tubshared laundry facilitiesspiral staircaseclothes linethe managerson arrivalthought of everythingfree wifilarge deckmain balconywithin walking distancerelaxing stayquality fittings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Whilst travelling the area we googled accommodation and was interested in what we read. Was not expecting to receive this but was surprised that we did. We stayed in a Honeymoon suite, left balcony door open and loved listening to the ocean waves sweep onto the beach. Spa a bit on the small side for 2 but enjoyable. No star gazing possible.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Lovely quiet spot where you hardly notice other guests and are a short stroll away from everything you might need.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Modern self contained villas in small hillside complex offering a quiet location and superb views from the decking of villa 1. Would be fair to say other villas would not have identical views. The villa had two bedrooms; although adequate; they were on the small side and could have benefited from two bedside tables which would have been more practical rather than the large single table provided. The bed was comfortable and there was a framed hanging unit/wardrobe in each room. The bathroom was shared.As there was only two of us this was not a problem for the three night stay.The living area was open plan and the standard of furnishings was of a good quality and the kitchenette was well appointed. The villa was spotlessly clean and the wood flooring enhanced the overall quality of the property. The steep hillside location does mean that it is quite a climb from the town but less so from the beach.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon Suite recently, albeit for a long weekend and not for our honeymoon. For those who haven't been to Yamba before, there is a very steep hill that separates the beach from the main street. ClubYamba is ideally situated in between the beach and main street but a couple of blocks away from the really steep streets. This makes it a fairly easy walk up over the hill to the beach (your heart may pump a little more than you might be used to but you'll get over it pretty quickly) and an even easier walk to the main street.

The suite has a comfy bed, is clean, well appointed and spacious and would be great for a week long stay where you're keen to cook your own meals etc however I would have been disappointed if I had booked this for my actual honeymoon. My idea of a honeymoon is staying somewhere secluded where you can do what you like without worrying about other people. The first two nights we stayed were great because there was no-one in Villa 6 below us or in the main residence so it felt really private. The last night we stayed the owners had returned and people were staying in Villa 6.

The main residence is attached to the Honeymoon Suite so there is a door in the hallway and one in the bathroom that are locked and have "Private" signs on them. The courtyard for the Suite also backs directly onto the courtyard for the residence and is separated by a wooden fence that you can see in my photos. At times we could hear the owners however it was only very faint muffled noises and not anything that would worry you unless you were really concentrating on it. But I'm telling you all this because on the night the owners were home I felt like we were naughty teenagers sneaking around while the parents were next door!

Other reviewers had commented on Villa 6 being able to hear noise from the Honeymoon Suite so this also had me slightly on edge on the final night because I was conscious of the people staying downstairs.

A few other things that might help you decide if this is the place for you to stay include the very steep driveway, small undercover carpark for Villas 5 (Honeymoon) and 6 if you have cars anything large than medium sized, the internal stairs to access the Honeymoon Suite (see photo), the Honeymoon Suite spa being a spa bath not a normal outside spa and the private courtyard not being so private if other holiday makers from adjacent properties are on their balconies (see photo). The stairs are steep and cramped and even as an able-bodied younger person I felt I had to be very cautious when carrying luggage up and down them.

In summary, this place is nice but not really what I was expecting. If in Yamba again I don't think I'd return to the ClubYamba Honeymoon Suite, especially if I had to pay peak season prices.

1  Thank aussie2008
Clubyamba, Manager at Clubyamba, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you for your candid comments and feedback on your stay. We hope you will stay with us again and I would like to suggest you try our Boathouse. I think for privacy and luxury it would be more suitable to your needs and its very affordable 5 star accommodation.
I would also like to clear up a couple of points for guests considering our 'Honeymoon Suite'. We call Villa 5 'The Honeymoon Suite' because it is the largest and most spacious villa in the complex. It has its own laundry facilities, dishwasher, full size oven/stove,outdoor spa bath and robes unlike the other villas which share a common laundry and spa area.
Villa 5 has also been carpeted with an extra think underlay for comfort and to reduce noise.The dinning room chairs have all been fitted with thick rubber feet which we have found has greatly reduced the impact of noise on the villa below.
I would also like to reassure guest that the doors marked 'private' are all fully soundproofed.The one in the hallway which leads to the main residence is actually two doors back to back with sound proofing between and the door in the bathroom has a soundproof wall behind it and is no longer accessible from the main residence.
It is interesting to note here that the original complex was built in the early 60's and was renovated and rejuvenated 13 yrs ago by the present owners. Villa 5/6 and office used to be one main residence hence the extra doors and the installation of a separate internal stair case especially designed for the space available.
The Management and staff at Clubyamba appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continually improve on our service and facilities and in turn make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We were lucky enough to spend 6 nights at "The Boathouse",which is part of "Clubyamba", but in a different location to their other holiday villas. It is on the mighty Clarence River with views,from the bar-b-q equipped verandah, of moored boats and not a high rise in sight. We spent most of our time enjoying this vista. Rush hour is the Iluka ferry passing by a couple of times a day!
The Boathouse villa is fully equipped right down to pepper n' salt. It is very comfortable,very private and very relaxing. Tear yourself away from the river view and have a spa, right outside your bedroom on the ground floor,then lie back and watch 1 of the supplied dvds on the flat screen on the queen bed. Bliss!
Everything you could hope for in a holiday house is here, and then some. All the other reviews are correct, it really is a fantastic place.The design and attention to detail is another bonus. We are already planning a return visit we enjoyed so much. And Yamba itself is a beautiful town, so laid back and friendly with great beaches and places to eat. To surmise, better than expected accommodation in a beautiful town. We loved every minute.

Room Tip: Book an extra night ,you will want it!
1  Thank mattGoldCoast