“Excellent food - wonderful service!”
Review of Encore

Encore
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tony Stella's Encore combines passion for food, wine & craft cocktail into one truly memorable experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I were able to get away for one night in Jim Thorpe. The town was very quiet. We did not have a reservation but were able to get a table at Encore. Thankfully it's pre-season and a Wednesday night. The food was absolutely delicious. We ordered the kale and berry salad to share and it was large enough that we could have shared it with 2 more! It was also delicious. My husband ordered the pork tenderloin and cleaned the plate. I ordered the sea bass over risotto. It was delicious. At the end of the evening, we ordered absinthe for an after dinner drink. The owner came over and was a wealth of information. I would go again just for this experience alone. It was such a delight to talk with him. We enjoyed it so much we returned for lunch the next day! We had the cajun chicken panini and the salmon BLT. Both delicious. I overheard the man at the next table tell the waitress that his soup was so good that he ordered a serving to take home for dinner! I highly recommend. We will return often!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I go there on e a month , never disappointing. Great service Great food!!! Jim Thorpe's best place to eat

Reviewed 26 March 2018

"Tony Stella's" Encore was one of our favorite restaurants for my husband and another couple. Always loved the food, the service and Tony coming and talking to us. Also, the piano player was fabulous - something that just added to the night out. January 13, '18 my husband and I went there for dinner under the new management, which we did not know at the time. Thought it strange that Tony wasn't there. Because of the terrible weather, we were the only patrons the whole time. The food was still good and we can't complain about the service since we were the only ones there. One bottle of wine, two bowls of soup, two entrees and a dessert we split came to $189. We never complain when it's all good. Well, this past weekend we went there to celebrate our friend's birthday. We were all looking forward to another great night and hopefully entertainment. What a disappointment. Service was extremely slow. We were informed of the wine they were recommending for the evening, which my friend and I ordered. Waited and waited for the waitress to return with a second glass. The bartender filled our husbands' glasses but after another wait, the owner came over and apologized that he just served the last bottle of our wine upstairs. Really? I ordered tomato soup, which was good, but not near as good as the first time. I ordered Chilean sea bass served over risotto @ $48. My husband ordered a steak medium rare., which was more like medium well. My friend ordered twin lobster tails @ $52. My bass came out on top of Italian linguini with red sauce. My friend was served 3 lobster halves. Does that make a twin? I don't think so. When I immediately told the server, which happened to be the bartender, that my bass was supposed to be served over risotto, they went and checked the menu and came back and said you are right. They asked if I wanted it changed and I said yes. They came back with the same dish, sat it in front of me and put a bowl of risotto on the table, which was so salty nobody could even eat it. Owner asked about our meals, I was honest in the nicest way possible. Just an apology from him and nothing more. Are you kidding me? We go out to eat every single weekend at top-end restaurants, and I have NEVER experienced anything even close to this. Needless to say, this one is definitely crossed off our list.

4  Thank DebiLP
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had 7:30 reservations for dinner to celebrate our anniversary . We arrived at 7 so we went upstairs to the Speakeasy for a drink
At 7:30 we went back downstairs and we were immediately seated. We ordered an appetizer and salads plus our dinner.

We watched a table next to ours, who were seated about 8 pm, receive their salads. At 8:30, an hour after ordering and receiving no appetizer or salads, we were disgusted enough to get up and leave.

Since we had to get a babysitter for our two younger children and it was supposed to be an anniversary dinner we are extremely displeased that our night was ruined. Never going back there!

7  Thank danihess
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We have stopped in before because this is the oldest absinthe house outside of New Orleans. It is an interesting place too. This time we had the steak dinner which was cooked the way we like and we enjoyed wine and cocktails. It was a nice evening. I think this will be a great restaurant in a few more months they are really working on it.

1  Thank skipthelightfandango