“Fresh fish take away 👌”

Ranked #22 of 49 Restaurants in Woy Woy
Price range: AU$10 - AU$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A merry old seafood joint in the best little town on Earth called Woy Woy, sitting on a jetty on Brisbane Water on the beautiful NSW Central Coast. A seafood market, take away fish & chip shop and a killer laid back restaurant. Come for a very very very casual dining experience surrounded by pelicans, boats & mangroves. Bring a smile, leave your pretensions at the door and enjoy some of freshest and most delicious seafood you'll ever eat! We're not fine dining, we're bloody good fish & chips on the water with beautiful wines to match. We look forward to seeing you at the Wharf.
Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

How hard is it today to find a fish shop that sells fresh fish? Well, I have one for you. It’s the Woy Woy Fisherman’s Wharf take away shop. The fish is as fresh as it can get. You can order a standard fish & chips box or order your own choice of fish. Having collected our orders we headed for the outside tables. Some people chose to eat their meal overlooking the water. As expected the fish was delicious and the chips were crunchy. If you visit Woy Woy I recommend you order a take away lunch box from Fisherman’s Wharf, especially if the kids are with you. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed 16 December 2020

The food we ordered was satisfactory but not to the standard I had expected. Quantity was fine. It was the poor service (or as my bother said, lack of service) that lets this restaurant down. A couple of staff members were friendly and welcoming but just not on their game. Having to place your orders at the counter was also unexpected at an expensive restaurant. My husband had to go to the counter at least 3 times to collect basic crockery etc. Sticky tables and menus and wafer thin serviettes didn’t help. We paid fine dining prices but it was far from a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 13 December 2020

Fisherman's Wharf at Woy Woy has two sections, the restaurant and the fish market / take away outlet. This allows you to order a great selection of freshly cooked seafood and nice thick cut chips. Enjoy them by the water or at one of the sheltered picnic areas in the adjoining park, Great way to spend a weekend lunch. Be wary of the pelicans, they also enjoy fish and chips!!

Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

Had the scampi, snapper and mud crab. Absolutely beautiful. Service also great. I understand from previous posts that this is hit and miss but lunch today was out of the park.

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank mwj74
Reviewed 19 November 2020

It was my Nanna’s 92nd Birthday & she is very fussy with food but loves a prawn cocktail. I thought I’d bring her here & surely they would be able to make a decent prawn cocktail because they have the seafood market at the front. So in we went we ordered 3 mains from menu and I asked if they could do something similar to prawn cocktail & peel the
prawns for her. Yes that would be fine said the guy I’ll have to see how much they will charge he said. No worries I didn’t mind as it was my dear old Nanna. So I go to pay and he says that will be $30. Ok hoping it’s going to be something special for her and baring in mind on the menu you can get a bucket of prawns for $25. Out comes the meals and how bloody pathetic 5 prawns hanging off a small martini glass with a tiny sprinkle of lettuce. What a disgrace. 5 prawns. I could have got a kilo of prawns round the front for that price. My poor Nanna. She didn’t say anything to me but I could see her face and how disappointed she was. Never ever will I return to this shocking place. I rate this 0 stars.

Date of visit: November 2020