“Tired decor but great food”
Review of Ela Mesa

Ela Mesa
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Woy Woy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

On a wet day on the Coast our group had to search for a venue for a lunch catch up. After calling around, we were able to get a table at Ela Mesa. Not much to look at from the outside and the inside also is dated but you come to a restaurant for the food ....it was great. Full of flavour and great to share. Lamb casserole falls off the bone and the Greek sausage stew is very tasty. Fried Gruyere cheese - yum. Only disappointment were the share platters which we felt were undersized for the cost.

2 bottles of wine later and a tasty meal under our belts we were happy with the time spent at Ela Mesa.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Hawkeye4077

Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

I attended Ela Mesa restaurant with ten members of our club. I had dined here two years ago and did not enjoy the experience. However, I was prepared to give it another chance. To cut to the chase, it had not improved. Only one person in the group liked the meal. I ordered the grilled fish, it was mushy and had no taste. The Greek salad was okay. The service was ordinary with the staff just going through the motions, making no effort to enhance our dining experience. When I handed over my credit card to pay for my meal the owner informed me ‘No split bills’ however, he would accept cash. Having only $20 in my wallet I made my way to the local Bank to withdraw the cash needed. I returned to the restaurant and handed over the cash to the owner, never to return.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 17 December 2020 via mobile

The atmosphere was perfect on the terrace . With the lightest breeze on a balmy night . Service and food excellent . Will be back . It is going to be the top spot when new wharf opens

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank 332sherys
Reviewed 9 November 2020

We have been a few times and always found the food and atmosphere good. However the Saturday just gone was not a good experience. The staff were very pleasant and the food good :) The band however was so loud that we could barely here each other speak. We understand with Covid that circumstances have changed with placement of your band but PLEASE they need to turn the sound down ! Doubt we will come back:(

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank Sambos61
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

We have lived i the area for 2 years and I can't believe it has taken us that long to come here. The food was absolutely beautiful! The fresh seafood and quality of the lamb to die for! The staff were very friendly and polite, think the gentleman in the hat is the owner and he was such a nice man. The place has such a buzz. We will definitely be back and more regularly.

Date of visit: November 2020