“Coffee with dad”

Young Barons Food Store
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Woy Woy
Price range: AU$12 - AU$18
Reviewed 31 January 2021

Had a great coffee with dad here the other morning. It’s like an upscale coffee shop for the area. Feels like I’m back in my old neighbourhood of Balgowlah Heights! Love this place. Will be back again I’m sure. Also love the exotic food items you sell.

Date of visit: January 2021

Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

We ducked into Young Barons for a quick bite and coffee, and the coffee and food were so good that we had to stop by a second time.

We had the proscuitto and provolone croissant. I had expected it to come toasted, and was a little bit disappointed when it was presented to me with the cold meat and cheese. I’m not sure if they would have toasted it for me if I asked, but when I took a bite, I didn’t complain anymore. The croissant was buttery and flaky, and it went really well with the proscuitto and provolone. We also had the almond croissant which was so indulgent that I had to get another one to go. The boys loved their hot chocolate and the coffee was great.

The place also sells home made pastas, pasta sauces and breads, cheeses, condiments, wines, chocolates, etc. It’s quite small and you’d be forgiven for thinking that there is no place to sit and eat but you just have to go through the store and off to the side are a few tables and chairs. This place attracts a lot of customers, most of whom just order and go.

This place is a gem and I can imagine it’s frequented by the locals.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Aimless76
Reviewed 3 November 2020

This place is stunning, the food is very fresh and original, highly recommended. There is nothing like it on the coast. Woy woy is looking up.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

Excellent Breads & Pastries - Great Selection of Produce. Croissants, sfogliattelle, Portuguese tart excellent. Coffee was ok. Would have been 5 star had the service been friendly. If you don’t mind your service a little cold then it’s a must to visit.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2020 via mobile

Wonderul coffee. Lots of excellent quality food to purchase. Great pastries to take away, bread etc. Definitely worth stopping in.

Date of visit: August 2020