“Lovely spot ....”

Myrtle House
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Wollombi
Price range: USD 5 - USD 18
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch on the way back to Sydney after a few days away. We were in a hurry - had 50 minutes so thought that would be OK. After waiting 15 minutes for our tea to come to the table, I asked the waitress how long our food would be. She came back with “I don’t know, I do the drinks. Would you like me to find out?” I felt like she was doing me a favour. It arrived five minutes later - very nice but I felt the service could be better.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This is an absolute GEM! Good food, coffee... licensed if you want a cheeky wine too. Staff are friendly and nothing is too much hassle. The food is delicious... if you’re in the area for the weekend, make sure you stop by for dinner. Plenty of seating for a couple of people. Probably recommend booking in advance for larger tables over the weekend.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Nothing was too hard for us when we booked in for lunch. Tables were set up and waiting. Orders were taken and our meals came without a long wait. Staff were attentive and friendly. And the homemade scones with jam and cream are to die for!

The cafe is on a hill and does have steps to get into it. Up a hill and to the left of the cafe is a covered area (without steps) as well as a wheelchair/pram ramp. They were able to meet dietary needs of those who needed something deleted or cooked differently.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

A bottle of wine for two, made to order steaks and an out of this world Key lime pie... The Chef knows his stuff and we just couldn't, get enough!!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Awesome scones with jam and cream , coffee was great too. I can imagine the service might get slow if it gets busy.

I’d come back for the scones for sure. Nice little cafe to stop at.