“Do yourselves a favour - book a table.”
Review of Panino Restaurant

Panino Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Wollombi
Price range: USD 10 - USD 42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant and cafe located in a historic sandstone building with a warm and rustic atmosphere inside leading to a romantic terrace and rose-filled garden at the rear.
Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

I cannot recommend Panino's highly enough. The food is a cross between fine dining and hearty, homestyle cooking like Nan used to make, and the atmosphere reflects it. This place welcomes everybody - Prince to pauper - and it's relaxed atmosphere makes the experience such a pleasure.

When I went for the first time, I was surprised to see Sausage and Mash alongside fine dining menu items. Once it arrived on my plate, I understood why. This was the most delicious pork and fennel sausage I had ever had in my life, and the portion was huge! I was so impressed that I went back the next day for lunch (and again that night to dinner!).

Folks, let me tell you - you have not experienced pizza until you've had Panino's pizza. Classic italian-style crust with the perfect amount of crunch and chew. And the aged beef steak on the dinner menu was perfectly cooked, simply dressed, and the most beautiful piece of steak I have ever eaten. Try it rare - medium rare at most. You won't regret it.

All I can say about this place is wow. To have such a gem hiding in the little shire of Wollombi is almost unfair. Do yourselves a favour and book a table. 10/10

Date of visit: January 2019
VictoriaGiagu, Owner at Panino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2019

What a fantastic and detailed review! Not many describe the heart of PANINO as eloquently! Your appreciation gives meaning to the quality of attention for which we strive as a restaurant. Many thanks from the whole PANINO team!

Write a reviewReviews (201)

Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is at Wollombi and as such you happen upon it or decide to go there. Wollombi is s beautiful hamlet but off the beaten track. The Italian restaurant is quaint, sophisticated atmosphere and fitting in with surrounding old buildings. I highly recommend the Caesar salad with anchovies. Yeah. The only negative was us needing to sit outside on a very hot day. As a party of 4 there was a table but with a single customer drinking coffee. The waitress should not have allowed him to sit there or asked him to move. The temp was in the high 30’s. Other than that I would highly recommend the restaurant and we will be going back.

Date of visit: January 2019
VictoriaGiagu, Owner at Panino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2019

Thank you Steve for your review! Apologies for the discomfort experienced!
Hope we can make it up to you next time!

Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

If you are heading to the Hunter Valley, you MUST stop here for dinner on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. The food here is OUTRAGEOUS. So delicious. I haven't had anything like it. So full of warmth, love and a sense of family. Do not miss out. You won't regret it!!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2019
VictoriaGiagu, Owner at Panino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2019

Lovely review, thank you! The whole PANINO team really appreciates your feedback!

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Great service, family atmosphere where everyone is very friendly and welcoming. The food is delicious! Home made, cooked to perfection and huge servings. We will definitely be back!
Visited for coffee in the morning and Bruno even greated our dog with a little piece of bacon. Spoilt!

Date of visit: December 2018
VictoriaGiagu, Owner at Panino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2019

Thank you Ali!

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

I came here for dinner with my family. Two of us had duck and mushroom papardelle, one had a steak and the other had a prawn linguine. The food was absolutely delicious - thank you Bruno. Really fresh ingredients and generous portions. The service was fantastic - thank you Tabitha. I will definitely be back again — a fantastic place to stop in Wollombi - we even came back for a great coffee the next morning.

Date of visit: December 2018
VictoriaGiagu, Owner at Panino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2018

Many thanks Meghan for your lovely review, it's very much appreciated by the Panino team!