My partner and I stayed here for three nights in the first weekend of August. We chose this hotel based upon a pleasant experience I had here eight years ago.
I appreciate it's peak season but the quality of the service for the price is just not justified. We paid A$600 per night for a double room (US$660) and were expecting accommodation commensurate with the price. The Denman advertises itself as four star but fell far short.
The room was tiny. Indeed, It felt as though a normal hotel room had been divided in two. The bathroom was similarly tiny - In the shower it was so narrow it felt as though my shoulders were touching the walls on either side. As a hotel in Thredbo I could have lived with the size of the room but the very poor heating in the room was much more uncomfortable. The bed was also uncomfortable.
In general, the room was clean when we arrived however the housekeeping was very lazy - on one morning they didn't even bother to make the bed. The minibar was also not replenished.
Having said this, the restaurant at the hotel is fantastic and arguably the best in Thredbo. Although we were staying at the hotel, it was difficult for us to get a table on Saturday night.
My recommendation would be to eat at the restaurant (but make a booking) but stay elsewhere - next time I will certainly take a gamble somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Denman Thredbo, is a family run hotel with an emphasis on warm and friendly service, it is the ideal place to stay, play, relax and enjoy all that the beautiful Snowy Mountains has to offer. One of the first properties built in Thredbo, the building which now houses The Denman has been welcoming visitors since 1962. In keeping with the heritage of our beginnings the rooms are compact and comfortable with the added character of an older style ski chalet. Many of our rooms have views of the mountain and thanks to our central location, you are just a stones throw away from the village square with its cafes shops and bars. The chairlifts are a five minute stroll and if you don't feel like walking the village shuttle bus is at our doorstep (winter only). Take some time out from the outdoors in the Library, Terrace Restaurant or Apres Bar and soak up the ambience and old world charm of our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Denman Hotel Thredbo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Denman Hotel Thredbo Village
- The Denman Hotel Thredbo Thredbo Village