All reviews desk chairlift winter ski parking village thredbo
Reviewed 4 June 2018

What a wonderful way to spend my husband's birthday! The room was small and cosy, but so warm when it was snowing outside! Good hot water in the shower, lovely toiletry products and the big windows were great for viewing the mountains, village and pool etc. Comfortable bed, good lighting, desk, table and chairs and the rooms are nice and quiet. Have stayed many times now, and definitely recommend for a romantic getaway! We'll be back!

And special thanks for the complimentary bottles of wine... one for being repeat guests, and the other to celebrate my husband's birthday! It's gestures like these that lift an occasion to a special experience!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Close to the chairlifts, and river walk path. Decent breakfast spread. Lots of coffee and tea in the room. Comfortable bed. Has heater and spare electric fan if needed. Tv information of ski/snow conditions. Clean and maintained but clearly dated to the style of the time the place was built (70’s?). Room size small for bringing jackets/gear.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with its own sauna; it was very spacious, with tons of packing space and a very well equipped kitchen and two bathrooms. We also had a little balcony facing the mountains, and very efficient heating, which was needed as the first day was very cold and wet, with hail and sleet, and snow on the high ground.
The apartments are handily situated close to the shops, the Information Centre, restaurants and the Alpine Hotel. There is no internet access from the Apartments, but we were told that we were welcome to go the Alpine Hotel to use their free internet access. We didn’t bother – just made the most of a weekend without any more access than we needed via out phones.
The apartment we had was very comfortable, but a bit tired, with some frayed edges to the carpets, and other minor stains and signs of wear and tear. However, there was a stereo with CDs and tapes, a DVD player and a TV, full size fridge, and plenty of crockery and cutlery, and other essentials, and we had a very pleasant three nights there.

Room Tip: 402 is apparently one of the larger apartments and has its own sauna.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and I honestly don't understand why people are giving good reviews... The rooms are tiny and extremely dated.

This place is making ridiculous money from unsuspecting patrons and are investing nothing.

I have just stayed in a room with no heating. When I mentioned this to reception they sent someone round whike I was at dinner to rectify the problem and all they did was tuck the heater cable under the bed (there are no power points that the heater cord can reach)

The televisions dont even receive HD broadcasting and the pillows are like sleeping on bundles of hay.

AVOID.

There are many reasonably priced locations available in Jindabyne which would be far better as the drive is only 25mins to the resort. The local restaurants are either terrible or expensive and are not worth the trouble.

Do yourself a favour and stay, eat and commute from Jindi.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I originally booked Thredbo Alpine because I wanted a place to stay while I made the trek to climb mount Kociuszko and I couldn't be happier with this accommodation. It is a little on the expensive side, but you truly are paying for quality. Perfect location, very friendly staff, nice, clean, spacious rooms. I really can't say enough good things about my stay here. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo