All reviews fondue continental breakfast owners john shuttle bus stop room was large european style front door veal wonderful stay fantastic views family room make you feel at home the managers two nights overnight parking ski season ski area
Reviewed 13 September 2018

We were not staying here but visited for dinner and loved the experience. Great service, excellent selection of dishes and a good value wine list. The fondues are always talked about as a specialty of the house and we chose the dessert chocolate fondue which was amazing, delicious and came with a huge selection of fruits, marshmallow, brownies ! ( choc on choc ). You could easily share this between 2 or 3 people, especially as a 3rd course - a must order. Entree and main options are Austrian themed but very refined and more Mod Aus. We had scallops and prawns with black pudding, duck confit, house cured salmon - all magnificent and decent serves. Main course I could not go past the veal with spatzle, delicious and a big serve. One of my new favourite places to eat in Thredbo.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

My mother and I took my 12 and 7 year olds to Thredbo for their first ski experience. I had read various review web sites and the Candlelight web site prior to booking late last year.
I was looking at a family friendly lodge with breakfast included in the tariff. I did read some critical reviews as well as the Candlelight web site.
The Candlelight web site was very clear that it is an historic lodge with original features.
Our family room was amazing! It was a spacious split level room with two bathrooms, two televisions and an x box. We had plenty of storage space and the heaters were great. The view from the top level was nothing short of spectacular!
The room was very clean and warm. The staff were helpful and so friendly, both before we arrived and during our stay.
The dinners and breakfasts were wonderful, we could not believe the value for money offered.
The location is perfect, a short walk to the village and the shuttle stops outside of the front door. I did not miss the car at all.
I will definitely be booking again and if you are looking for a clean, well situated lodge then call Candlelight Lodge now!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

What a great place! So relaxed, warm & comfortable!
The managers Padro & Lisa were professional & assisting in every way!
The staff in the hotel, bar & restaurant were delightful & made me feel at home.
My room was large, warm & had what I needed. Loved the view too!
The meals were delicious for dinner, & the breakfast that was included was fantastic.
I will return, with no hesitations!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Y7901FNkimg
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Lisa and Pablo will make you feel welcome straight away. A very cosy, mountain-lodge feel - a cross between comfortable hotel accommodation and your own home. Spacious, clean, warm rooms (you don’t even notice how cold it is outside). Amazing food and the service is spot on. Very pleased we picked this place. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 116happytraveller
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Pablo and his team run a lovely place. You feel like a family guest. The place has history and charm and with that come some quirks but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

The food - wow. Definitely eat there a few times. The meals are fantastic and generous.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple