“Good food won’t save a bad service”

Island Time Espresso Bar
Ranked #18 of 83 Restaurants in Terrigal
Price range: AU$6 - AU$22
Reviewed 23 September 2020

Food was great. Owners or Managers need to re-train their staffs. Looked like they forgot what customer service means.

Read the sign “wait to be seated” so we waited. Waitress looked at us did not acknowledge us though. After awhile she said “oh you can sit anywhere” we then seated and nobody even offered a menu. Another table has seated and then they already have a menu. So I got up and ask if we do get the menu for ourselves. Waitress said “no we’ll give it to you. Right, she gave it to us after a while. I had to get up again to order for a coffee to start to one of the staffs in front of the POS. I then sat down, choose a food to order. And had to call their attention again to order our food. We do not mind waiting for the food. But to wait and got up again and again just to be served is just unacceptable. Might as well don’t do table service. So customer won’t expect.

Oh it was not busy take note. Staffs were running back and forth like a headless chicken. They need to be trained thats all. Good thing food was good at least.

Date of visit: September 2020

Reviewed 31 August 2020

Went for lunch. Sign said wait to be seated.. I waited.. waitresses continually walking past not egnologing me at all. I had to get someone’s attention. Then sat, waited 20mins before anyone came and asked if we were wanting to order or would like drinks. Took about half an hour for our food which I only ordered a toasted sandwich which had wrong filling and the chips were cold. Disappointed... won’t go back

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 10 August 2020

My partner and I have made a habit of having breakfast here most Sunday mornings. The staff are always friendly, the food is delicious (I always have the veggie breaky burger and my partner had the banana bread and fruit sides). The tables outside are usually full which is a good sign but try and get a table in the sun, it's lovely. Can't wait to go back hopefully soon.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

This buzzing oasis is nestled rather nicely on the main beach front of terrigal you won’t miss it! Beautifully decorated and appointed with a relaxing tropical decor, filled with friendly staff and loads of yummy eats, wether it’s inside or out, you will be sure to experience a tropical paradise escape.
Will we be back... YES!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 31 May 2020

Upon arrival my two friends sat and reserved a table, and were rushed to order a meal when waiting for me to arrive (for only 10 minutes). Once ordered, one of my friends was overcharged on her meal. When I arrived and only ordered a smoothie, the waitress told me to “wait” while she shined some cutlery. After receiving my smoothie, I hadn’t even finished it before another waitress came over to our table and told us to leave, quite rudely, because people were waiting to sit at our table.
Very very rude customer service. We won’t be returning and we will be spreading the word.

Date of visit: May 2020