“Wedding Anniversary Dinner”

Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Terrigal
Price range: USD 18 - USD 33
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The combination of one of the Central Coast’s most scenic locations, market-fresh food, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere makes the Reef Restaurant your ultimate dining experience. Our dedicated team is committed to serving you consistent and creative dishes in a relaxed and pleasurable setting. Our chefs visit the Sydney markets on a daily basis to source new produce for the menu and these relationships ensures that all of our produce is market fresh and of the highest quality.
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this place in advance as comes highly recommended as it should. We had a beautiful dinner with great service and a great view which I asked for in advance and got. It was dark by the time we ate but we could still see the waves lapping at the shore outside and the twinkling lights of Terrigal down to Wamberal. The food was very tasty and we had a lovely evening :)

1  Thank Tina A
There are newer reviews for Reef Restaurant

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great beach views and good food. Best location in Terrigal- would recommend it for lunch or dinner. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank MaxieSydney
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our daughters took us here last week for dinner as a surprise for our 25th wedding anniversary. Have previously been to "The Cove" which is the cafe downstairs run by the same people so was expecting the food to be good quality however it far exceeded my expectations.

There were only a few other diners when we came in so obviously Tuesday nights are slow during winter but it was good for us because it was nice and quiet. We were seated promptly and drinks order taken then the waitress came over with a complimentary appetiser of arancini balls which was a pleasant surprise.

We ordered some bread for starters and then mains and desserts each - our family generally tends to order the same or similar things but surprisingly all ordered different mains. My husband had the Rack of Lamb which was cooked to perfection, one daughter had the duck which looked absolutely delicious, the other had the crispy skin salmon which she said was amazing and I had the deconstructed Beef Wellington which just melted in my mouth. All of our meals were beautifully presented and decent portions although mine was definitely the biggest.

When our desserts came out they were spectacular! My daughter and I both had the Meringue which was both huge and delicious. My husband had the Creme Brûlée and my other daughter the Salted Caramel Tarte with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. We were all thoroughly sated and satisfied.

The only negative I would have is that whilst the service was very good, it was very obvious that we were celebrating something special. I have been in many restaurants celebrating birthdays and anniversaries and this is the first time that the waitperson hasn't even acknowledged the occasion. I'm sure that some people would not care but I think that the mark of a great restaurant is their attention to the smallest detail and just the waitperson asking what the special occasion was and wishing us Happy Anniversary would have been a nice touch.

Other than that I would highly recommend the Reef, was a wonderful meal and definitely going back again soon! Also would love to go for lunch just to enjoy the gorgeous view out over Terrigal Beach - at night it is mainly the lights although we could see a little bit of the beach at The Haven which was lit up. Great place!!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

thanks chef
our lunch today was perfection
we loved the veiw and what great servies they really know there stuff

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here for my parents 25th wedding anniversary. Just after we sat down our waitress brought us a complimentary appetiser which was a nice touch. We each had a main and dessert and were all very satisfied. The main meals did not look very big but were all filling and all of the desserts were very generous portions.
There is a cute litte booth that is off to the side overlooking the water which is nice if you want a bit of privacy. If you want this table just ask for table 1 when booking and they can give it to you if it's available.
Service was very good and the view was nice. I can imagine that the view would be stunning for lunch service especially if you are seated next to the window :)