“Effortless service with a smile”
Review of Reef Restaurant

Reef Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Terrigal
Price range: USD 18 - USD 33
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The combination of one of the Central Coast’s most scenic locations, market-fresh food, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere makes the Reef Restaurant your ultimate dining experience. Our dedicated team is committed to serving you consistent and creative dishes in a relaxed and pleasurable setting. Our chefs visit the Sydney markets on a daily basis to source new produce for the menu and these relationships ensures that all of our produce is market fresh and of the highest quality.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My family and I dined at Reef in May for my aunt's 60th birthday - and I cannot recommend the venue highly enough. The food was lovely - but the standout for us was the incredible service from the staff and the devine aspect: right by the beach, friendly and great for an extra special occassion. My father is in his 80s and I am the first to admit that we're 'difficult' customers - dad was in a bit of a mood when he arrived but the staff were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and they were absolutely delightful with him. I just cannot say enough good things. The waiter even loaned my 14-yo niece his Ray Ban sunglasses for the meal. We had a fine meal (the mussels and desserts were amazing), it was the perfect spot, made even more special by the incredibly friendly and helpful service. Thank you Reef, so such a lovely afternoon.

1  Thank Georgina S
Michael H, Manager at Reef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

What a wonderful account of your special occasion . It will be with great pleasure that we circulate your email among the staff today . Our talented group of servers really go above and beyond , thank you for showing them why its worth it - Happy Returns again and we eagerly await your return - we will tell Nathan to be armed with Ray Bans -

There are newer reviews for Reef Restaurant

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Not sure why, but two hours for 2 course dinner for 3 people at 6:30pm on a Friday seemed a long time. The food was amazing, including the pork belly which is great! but just took so loooooonng... particularly when you have a 6 year old child to entertain. They were so busy that we had to help ourselves to the wine bucket to top up our own wine... The waitress was running around and apologetic but for a 280 meal with wine I was probably just expecting a slightly more polished night. Anyhow would try again to see if it was just a once off night or understaffed.

May we start by thanking you for taking the time to highlight both our short falling and our strengths . It is with great pride that we open our doors to the public and without feedback we would have no measurable parameter of our success .We have sat down as team and have made a positive step to alleviate the time delay you unfortunately experienced . We don't believe in excuses at Reef Restaurant - we believe in bringing solution based customer focused remedies. We encourage you to return to the reef so we can make good on this inordinate occurrence .

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband, parents and I celebrated my birthday with a Degustation at Reef. Unfortunately we were all left incredibly underwhelmed and overall were pretty disappointed with the quality of the meal.

Our previous dining experience at Reef was 2 years ago, at which time we were pretty impressed with the quality of the food and menu selection. We love a good degustation and were really looking forward to a delicious meal which sadly didn't live up to our expectation.

The dishes in the degustation were average and uninspired with inconsistent cooking across the board (with the exception of the scampi & dessert which we were happy with).

As a family we have no reservations paying good money for a quality meal, but the food in the degustation fell well short of expectation. I would have to go so far as to say that sadly this was probably the worst degustation experience that I have had to date.

With a stunning location and an otherwise great reputation, it is my opinion that the quality of the food at Reef has declined significantly over the past 2 years. I only hope that Reef improves moving forward as Terrigal needs an impressive dining experience to match the beauty of the surroundings.

A massive positive for us was the service staff who were very pleasant, helpful and well informed - big tick!

1  Thank PlayfulPup
Reviewed 3 June 2014

On May 3 2014 The Reef Restaurant hosted our wedding reception & right from the moment we booked (about 6 months in advance) the service, communication, organisation & results were exceptional, professional & faultless. The day/night ran smoothly, the service was first class & the food was fine dining quality to the highest degree. The location itself is breathtaking & I would recommend this event for anyones special occasion. If you want something truly memorable, perfect & something your guests will never forget - I insist on booking The Reef Restaurant.

2  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We celebrated my birthday here recently and opted for the degustation menu. The first 5 courses were stunning and the wines matched all 7 courses perfectly. The wait staff were first class, not too intrusive but there when you needed them. The location of the restaurant can not be faulted. A great experience and one we would repeat.

1  Thank Alex R
Michael H, Manager at Reef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Fantastic news ! Our Degustation menu is the Jewel in the crown of chefs sesonal offerings . Constantly changing and evolving with local produce it excites us to also offer a fabulous wine match . Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment . It is with great passion that we open our doors each day . To have feedback like yours enables us to stay on Point and ensure that we are offering our Guests a combination of new technique fine wine and of course spectacular un interrrupted views across Terrigal and the shore line of the coast .