“Delicious Lunch Great Views”

Haven Beach Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 87 Restaurants in Terrigal
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We loved the rustic look Restaurant perched up high giving a great outlook. Food was good Hoki and a bucket of prawns with a glass of wine. Long lunch great afternoon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Or more precise NO service at all. waited 20 minutes before any one came to the table to take orders, so we left. They said they were busy....only 8 people there.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We are regulars here because the coffee and the food is great, the staff are very friendly and obliging and the view is extraordinary! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I got quite bored and we drove around for a couple of hours sight seeing, and then we walked up the Skillion and walked on the rocks and just had the most amazing day, and then of course he says he’s hungry, well he’s always hungry and I’m thinking where on earth can we go from here for food, we were pretty isolated, he tells me to keep on walking down the path towards the other end of the beach and we come across this gorgeous, quaint little cafe, linked to a big restaurant, well we’re not big spenders so the cafe is a lot to our liking, and we decide it’s the perfect place for lunch, we order fish cocktails, chips and potato scallops, we sit there marvelling at the sights, imaging having all that beauty around you, such a gorgeous view while we’re eating our ‘budget’ lunch.. I only call it such because for $16 we got 4 fish cocktails, 4 enormous potato scallops and loads of chips, well you can’t get cheaper than that, especially with a view to die for, they even had a little table with all the condiments on, it was so cute, and the food was out within about 12 minutes, hot, fresh, delicious, just the thing to have after some good exercise. I will definitely go back there when I’m in Terrigal, now I know where it is, nothing will stop me, it’s an awesome little place, they let you take your time, we sat longer than necessary but it’s because it was so chillaxed.. what an awesome place, awesome food, and really friendly staff, young girl who never had a smile off her face. What a grand day!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Arrived on a busy Sunday, shown to an unclean table just vacated but staff cleaned up reasonably quickly. Not a lot of tables to service but the 2 girls waiting seemed overwhelmed. Still a nice day , a cool breeze and a good view. We were advised about a 15 min to take our order, not a problem, then ordered and waited and waited and waited. Other tables were having their orders brought out so I assumed a few tables had simply turned over nearly all at once. We had to ask for our ordered drinks (a beer and a Ginger beer) as they were taking so long. The food then came a croissant (burnt base) and a seafood basket for one (huge but mainly chips) The seafood portions were fine (heavily battered) but everyone was leaving chips on their plates (servings huge) There is also a takeaway section before you enter the restaurant so would assume all cooking is done here. I think the restaurant would be pet-friendly outside as 3 tables had small dogs with them
1) Reduce the size of the chip portions 2) Hire staff who have some training. Cheap casual staff are more costly as they do not up-sell, nor
serve food / drinks quick enough for refills or to turn tables over . 3) Don't leave customers waiting for their drinks. No reason for it.