“Nice Winter Lunch”
Review of Thaiger Temple

Thaiger Temple
Ranked #12 of 83 Restaurants in Terrigal
Cuisines: Thai
Description: From the people who brought you Terrigal Thai 2 comes a tantalising new offering to sink your teeth into… The Samingkaw family have earned their stripes as the Thai culinary Kings of the Central Coast – following a long and successful career in the Thai restaurant business spanning over 25 years. It’s the Samingkaw’s unique brand of unsurpassed Thai cuisine, warm atmosphere and top notch service that keeps their customer’s coming back for more. Thanks to this supportive and ever-growing patronage – they’re pleased to launch their exciting new venture: Thaiger Temple.
Reviewed 1 March 2024

I found that place great as it had plenty of gluten and dairy free options at high quality. It was a decent price for the meal we had. One of the best restaurants in Terrigal. Always would come back here if I need something to eat in Terrigal

Date of visit: May 2023

Reviewed 23 February 2024 via mobile

We had the pad see ew and the massaman curry and both were excellent! The service was good and the food came out very quickly and was delicious, fresh and flavourful.

I don’t like fish/seafood and there wasn’t any fish sauce/ oyster sauce/ shrimp paste in our meals and they tasted great -I usually end up with bland Thai food when I ask for these to be excluded. Very impressed!

I’d definitely come here again, because we saw other diners meals and everything that was coming out of the kitchen looked enticing.

The one negative was that we going it was quite hot inside the restaurant, but it wasn’t too bad to affect our experience.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 15 October 2023 via mobile

We arrived at 8.10pm at the Thaiger Temple on Sunday evening. We were told the kitchen closed at 8.30pm. We quickly ordered our food and just one glass of wine as my husband was driving. The duck pancakes for entree were cold. I asked the waitress if the pancakes were meant to be served cold? She replied yes they were. There was no garnish, not even a slice of cheese cucumber served with the pancakes or curry puffs. We were shocked to discover a few prawn crackers cost $7.50. The duck cashew nut and Penang Chicken were good but the Massamum Beef dish was luke warm and the potatoes were so hard you could have played cricket with them. Three people arrived for dinner but were turned away at 8.45pm as the kitchen had closed. Terrigal is meant to be an international tourist destination. It is very disappointing for overseas tourists not to be able to find anything to eat after 8.30pm. Due to the Sunday surcharge, our bill was over $130 for two people, which we thought was rather a lot…

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 24 September 2023

A few years ago; this restaurant held the highest of my regards; and for good reason.

My best-friend and myself were weekly customers until he passed away. I continued to visit and order take-away for years afterward. We loved the place, it was a place for the two of us to enjoy great food, and drink and be merry, and even briefly catch up with our friends behind the bar.

After tonight’s experience, I will not be back; and so soured are once wonderful memories.

Having arrived; we were seated and ordered drinks, I had been presented a menu and after some conversation; during which we were badgered in what felt like every other minute to order our food, I was informed there was no Green Curry with Beef. I was puzzled, I asked why this was the case only to have the response “Because we don’t”; I remember ordering and enjoying this in the past; however long ago that may have been.

Whilst the rest of our party ordered; the teenager taking our order decided to stand over me until I had ordered the food; I suggested that perhaps this would take a while as I hadn’t familiarised myself with the new menu and that maybe returning to resume the order later might be an idea. We had agreed, and off she popped.. eventually.

A few minutes later I enquired if there were other beef items on the menu; and was told they do in fact make a Beef Penang curry but couldn’t possibly offer the hospitality services of a Beef Green Curry.

Fascinated and confused as to what exactly could have been the issue with inserting 6 beef strips into a green curry sauce I decided I would not order a main course at all.

Entrees had began to arrive; and we then noticed we had only been given forks, no knives, spoons, napkins or anything. Class act.

Minutes later after already highlighting my disappointment at how far fallen this service had become; another staff member, clearing a table happened to drop a stack of at least 8 plates and full dining settings headed to the wash; at my feet and seeing my clothes covered in the seconds and chewed food of other diners, I thought I might be better suited elsewhere… like a food court Thai kiosk - they do green curry beef by the way.

Truly disappointing.

I would encourage everyone to have their own opinions but I am so sadly compelled to demonstrate my experience.

Exemplary in what not to do.

Date of visit: September 2023
1  Thank Jonny M
Reviewed 6 July 2023

The venue has a relaxed vibe, and the decor is fun.
Staff were attentive, and the food was delicious with just the perfect amount of spice. We couldn't fault this place. It's definitely a must visit when in Terrigal.

Date of visit: April 2023