“Confused.”
Review of Thaiger Temple

Thaiger Temple
Ranked #12 of 83 Restaurants in Terrigal
Cuisines: Thai
Description: From the people who brought you Terrigal Thai 2 comes a tantalising new offering to sink your teeth into… The Samingkaw family have earned their stripes as the Thai culinary Kings of the Central Coast – following a long and successful career in the Thai restaurant business spanning over 25 years. It’s the Samingkaw’s unique brand of unsurpassed Thai cuisine, warm atmosphere and top notch service that keeps their customer’s coming back for more. Thanks to this supportive and ever-growing patronage – they’re pleased to launch their exciting new venture: Thaiger Temple.
Reviewed 26 June 2023

I am mightily confused. This restaurant was recommended to us by numerous friends and it has overwhelmingly good reviews on Tripadvisor. Six of us booked and had lunch there on a Sunday. We were one of only two tables in the restaurant.

The food, in our opinion, was very mediocre. More akin to a cheap Chinese Restaurant than what is supposed to be a great example of Thai food. The entrees were fine but the main course meals were really just "stuff in sauce". The Massaman Curry was very stringy.

We suspect that perhaps the "real chef" had the day off. We will never know because it is extremely unlikely that we will go there again.

Date of visit: May 2023

Reviewed 16 June 2023 via mobile

Rudest customer service. Don’t bother wasting your time.

- 06/06/23: I emailed requesting to book.
- 10/06/23: Response from Thaiger temple (Lucinda) requesting for my phone number to call and discuss.
I responded the same day and provided my phone number.
- 16/06/23: As no email response from Thaiger Temple, as well as no attempts to ‘call and discuss’. I called them to book, (as requested). The girl who answered the phone said “why can’t you just book online?” I said “I have been emailing and have been instructed by Lucinda to call and book”. She said “well what’s your problem, why can’t you just do it online, we’re really busy, just go online.”

I told her I would have but I was just instructed to call. If they told me that on the email I would have done that 10 days ago on 06/06/23.

Absolute rudest customer service, I’m so disappointed. I was ready to book an event here but now I’m not going ahead. I’ll tell all the guests to steer clear from here. Im glad I didn’t waste my time or money, but I’m disappointed I’ve wasted 10 days dealing with them.

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 9 January 2023 via mobile

What great Thai food, absolutely delicious, vege stir fry was very very tasty; fried rice with egg and prawns also high quality. Wait staff efficient and engaging. Great wine list daughter loved the margaritas .

Date of visit: January 2023
Reviewed 5 January 2023

As locals, we have eaten here many times. About 50% of the time we eat there, and 50% of the time we have takeaway. The staff is always great, the food always good and Thaiger Temple is now our go to place. Our faves include the Masaman beef and the Pad Kra Praw. As a house with vegetarians, the Pad Kra Praw with tofu and veggies is a hit, although I prefer mine with chicken. In any case, lots of great choices, and you won't be disappointed!

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 26 December 2022 via mobile

It was raining when we came to the restaurant for dinner so we decided to order spicy dishes.
The beef in Penang sauce was good. Our favourite dish was the flat rice noodles with prawns cooked with chilli and basil sauce.
Will definitely coming back when we are in Terrigal.

Date of visit: December 2022