“Good Location”
Review of Aromas On Sea

Aromas On Sea
Ranked #15 of 83 Restaurants in Terrigal
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: CASUAL BEACHFRONT CAFE & RESTAURANT IN THE HEART OF TERRIGAL.Aromas On Sea is situated at the Ocean Front Terrace Crowne Plaza Terrigal directly across from the beautiful Terrigal Beach.Aromas On Sea has earned a reputation for outstanding coffee, exceptional food, and a distinctly warm inviting atmosphere. An authentic menu of casual beach-side cuisine that combines international expertise with fresh, local produce.Our large outdoor dining venue is perfect for the coastal lifestyle, with space for private functions. Stop by for the perfect culinary experience or for a casual drink. We boast some of the best coffee in Terrigal, with our cafe open 7 days a week from 7am.Dine with us for dinner on Friday & Saturday night open til late offering happy hour & live music from local artists.
Reviewed 26 March 2023

Right on the seafront and attached to the Crowne Plaza hotel, this outdoor/indoor cafe dining gives the right experience for the area. The food and drinks are as good as you could want and the location is first class. Service was OK. Was fairly busy so also quite noisy.

Date of visit: March 2023

Reviewed 27 February 2023

This is a large café attached to the Crowne Plaza with nice views of Terrigal Beach. It sits comfortably in the "nice café" bracket and has no pretensions beyond that. The service is cheerful and the order-and-pay-first format means no queueing or waiting to pay. I wasn't sure I would like this configuration but having sat while being ignored for over 20 minutes recently at another local café, I appreciated being able to walk up and order straight away.

I ordered breakfast and was pleased with poached eggs that did not taste of vinegar (no idea why anyone needs vinegar in poaching water!) and properly drained so that my toast was still crispy and dry. I also appreciated the generous serve of butter on the side so I could add my own.

The coffee here is really good and it's one of the best cafés in Terrigal in that regard.

My only issue was with the dogs! I love dogs but I don't take mine to cafés or restaurants because I know that not everyone enjoys them. The law also recognises the hygiene issues associated with dogs which is why they are not permitted in enclosed areas. To be clear, and "enclosed area" includes an outdoor structure with blinds, like the one at this cafe. Having sat down in this area I was soon joined by two women and two small yappy dogs that smelled exactly the way dogs always smell when they've just been in the water. The dogs barked about every three minutes at just about everything. One of the women kept her dog on her lap and allowed it to eat from her plate. Disgusting! This is also completely in breach of health regulations.

I'd be happy to eat here again but I'll probably wander down during a quiet time and stick to the uncovered part of the restaurant. Being stuck in a plastic tent (I was halfway through eating) while putting up with the smell and sound of someone else's dogs is not fun.

Reviewed 25 February 2023 via mobile

Location location location is all that I can say nice about this place …have lived in Terrigal for 8 years and nothing much changes at Aromas … food is very average and the service is very slow and disorganized…I keep waiting for new management to take over and raise the standard but it’s been 8 years now and nothing changes which is such a shame ….location is fantastic which is why we put up with the rest

Reviewed 2 February 2023 via mobile

Aromas is nicely situated in Terrigal close to the beach. It has good outside seating. The coffee was good quality and our meals represented an accomplished standard of café food.

Reviewed 30 December 2022 via mobile

Alas, we had the worst breakfast this morning. The wrong juice arrived, hard poached eggs and gluten free toast on both, when only 1 was stated. We also waited close on 40 mins. Never again.

Date of visit: December 2022