“Amazing food and service”

Yellowtail Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Terrigal
Price range: AU$15 - AU$39
Description: We are a small restaurant in Terrigal, on the Central Coast of NSW, just an hour north of Sydney. Teaming fresh, seasonal local produce, with punchy, vibrant flavours, we strive to be a beacon of contemporary regional dining.
Reviewed 14 June 2020 via mobile

Delicious food and well paired wines, in a warm intimate environment with great service, in a location with plenty of Ubers. It’s my favourite place for dinner.

Date of visit: June 2020

Reviewed 20 May 2020

We ordered a range of dishes for a fancy family dinner at home, and everything was delicious. There is real attention to detail: the dishes are beautifully "plated up" despite being in containers, and the containers themselves are eco-friendly.
Our family especially appreciated the recent addition to the online menu of a "vegan tasting plate", since not all of us eat meat. The "tasting plate" was not described in detail on the menu (so it might change according to what is seasonal) but on this occasion it comprised: a soft bao with vegetables in a sticky sauce, chargrilled broccoli with a smoky baba ghanoush-type dip, and a grilled corn/avocado salsa with a cube of fried silken tofu. It was great! Lots of flavour and texture.
Other standout dishes were the mushroom dumplings (really delicious sauce) and the brussels sprouts. The sashimi and the fish of the day were also highlights. The oysters were also incredibly fresh and delicious! And the soft-inside, crunchy-outside sourdough is perfect for mopping up sauces. Can't wait to dine at the restaurant again in future.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 15 May 2020

We ordered a pick-up (I think we are outside the delivery area) - the menu we chose was "Iso date night" - $200 plus an additional entree @ $24. This is not the ideal way to eat at this restaurant - we've often been there before covid and always enjoyed it - and I'm just happy that some of my favourite restaurants are surviving, I hope that anyone who has put serious effort into a business doesn't go down the drain during this time and I'm trying to help them survive. However a little better detail in the description of the menu contents would help - and I think perhaps some menu items don't 'travel' very well. This menu is supposed to be for two but some things didn't work out too well and additional detail is necessary (like a note about which included cocktails are intended to go with which courses) - Natural Oysters is actually TWO oysters each and the desert definitely looked like a portion for one - were we really meant to share that? The fish curry didn't have the specified rice and roti but it did have noodles! Overall it was only OK and I don't think I would do it again. However when covid is over and I can go out again I'm sure we will go back to this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2020
1  Thank Relle74
Reviewed 1 May 2020

The service vis email and phone was excellent and the food wa s well presented, well cooked , served at the right time and the quantities were extremely generous. I would do this again, possibly as soon as mothers day as the delivery menu you included with our order last night sounds very appealing. My favourite flavour last night was that od the sushimi kingfish.
thanks again

Date of visit: April 2020
Reviewed 24 April 2020 via mobile

Organised a home delivery dinner during the lockdown. A special birthday present for my wife. The feast for four was wonderful. My boys and I all dressed up for the dinner and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend the Brussel sprouts. Yum! The sashimi was also a highlight. We are fortunate to have a local restaurant of such high quality nearby and they have managed to shift to home delivery in the difficult circumstances, while maintaining their high standards.

Date of visit: April 2020