Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

I stayed a night over a long weekend, when Merimbula was packed to the brim. Pambula is a cute historic township, 10 minutes drive from Merimbula. The hotel is of an older style, but the rooms are comfortable, well furnished and clean. Bathroom and kitchen facilities are excellent, and stocked with the necessities - including a free continental breakfast. Better and friendlier service than many places that cost much more. 5 minute walk to local brewery, cafes, historic sites and the natural wetlands reserve. Great spot for a quiet weekend away.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 13 March 2020

Our room was dated but the sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. Continental breakfast was included. There was a night light in the bathroom, I have never seen this in a motel before and it was a brilliant idea. Thank you

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

I am sorry to write this as I support local businesses whenever possible.
I stayed two nights at the Colonial and found the room was not clean.
The blanket on the bed had an awful mark, possibly substance, and I immediately put it into the cupboard and slept in the sheets.
There was an unpleasant smear on the ceiling where something had been squashed and the TV screen was marred with visible dark fingerprints.
The bench surfaces were in places sticky which I cleaned.
At 11 the second night I found a large insect in the sheets and was handed a can of fly spray when the manager had removed it.
The bathroom was clean but the rest made for an uncomfortable stay.
I was disappointed as the majority of the reviews I read were positive.
I photographed all of the things I have listed.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

Motel owner is the lowest of the low. We left a day early at 8am based on govt alert because of the enormous bushfire approaching the area for fears the only road back home would be closed and it later was. Despite this and us telling them our reasoning they took full advantage of the situation and still charged us at the full rate for the day we didn't stay. We let them know early so they could resell the room to one of the thousands of displaced people in the area. Definitely would have resold the room to someone else. Double income that day. This experience, like the motel room, was absolutely awful. Next to very noisy main road too.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Graeme M, Owner at Colonial Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2020

Don't normally respond to comments but, as you've attacked my character I shall make an exception in this instance... It's normal for tariffs to be paid prior to or upon check in, so as you were already occupying your room full payment had already been made. The motel has a 3 day cancellation policy and, as you left on the last day of your stay the policy was applicable... Never the less, if you felt you were entitled to a refund this could have been openly discussed but, when you ring with the sole intention to abuse me any prospect of negotiation dwindles very quickly... Furthermore any guest who has stayed at this motel knows the rooms to be clean, comfortable and spacious with quality amenities. Highway noise is minimal during the day and drops away to unnoticeable during the night. Thank you for your correspondence.

Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

Lovely spacious accommodation, with comfortable settee, dining table and chairs and kitchen area. Large comfortable bed and spacious bathroom with excellent shower. All sparkling clean and in first class order. Owner very friendly and attentive. Fresh milk in fridge on arrival. Kitchen area very well equipped. We rang ahead to ask for a quiet room as this motel is just off the main A1 highway and he was very obliging. Would thoroughly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2019