All reviewsnew englandnew ownerspet ownersbutter chickenupper hunterlovely young couplecomfortable bedrooms are cleanpub mealfur babyhot showerelectric blanketscold nightplenty of hot watervery pleasant staygreat place to stayair con
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I travelled with my elderly dad to visit family in Murrurundi and stayed overnight at this hotel. Check in was easy as I had booked online and took only a few minutes. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The bed was comfy A lounge and two arm chairs gave additional seating which was very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and the shower wonderful. A microwave, jug and toaster plus cups, plates and cutlery made it easy to have a light breakfast however you can also order breakfast and have it delivered to your room. This hotel may be older but it is very clean and tidy and the new owners are slowly making even more improvements. This will be my hotel from now on when I visit my family.

Room Tip: All rooms seem similar
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Trish1701
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We stayed only one night but were impressed with the friendliness and courtesy of the new owners. We were on route to Sydney from Brisbane and did not have a booking. A definite thumbs up from us and we will stay there again because clean, on the main route but not noisy at night, and better value we think due to being a little unknown. Murrurundi is a beautiful spot as well.

Room Tip: Just ask for a good room; the owners are very helpful. All rooms face west.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Great place with amazing owners. We hit a kangaroo on the way to Murrurundi and the car was written off. We were freaking out because we had a 4 month old baby and a funeral to get to. Not only did they give us a comfy, clean room to stay in but they also helped us organize a tow truck and everything else we needed to get back on track. Train tickets at Murrurundi were sold out and they then gave us a lift to Scone about an hour down the road. I cannot begin to express how appreciative we feel. Absolute legends and we recommend the Valley View Motel wholeheartedly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018

New owners last year have improved this motel with a very friendly service. The rooms are good value, clean and well appointed. I would recommend this motel to other travellers. Reasonably quiet as it is set back from the road.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks for business, staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were very clean and tidy. Homemade authentic Indian food was amazing. Will definitely be returning in the future for more butter chicken.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business