“The Other Joint cafe”
Review of The Italian Joint - CLOSED

The Italian Joint
Price range: USD 9 - USD 17
Description: Our products are from local suppliers who provide us with fresh ingredients that are from happy, sustainable, free growing environments.
Reviewed 16 January 2016

The atmosphere was warm and friendly. Service with a smile, nice music, outside setting. We ordered iced chocolate, iced coffee and a nut slice which was very nice.

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

My partner and I were thankful for the hour wait at the pub, so we left and came to The Italian Joint. It was fantastic! They were really busy, but got us a table in the courtyard, which was perfect because we pretty much had it to our selves and it was away from the noisy crowd in the restaurant.
I am Italian, and find it hard to eat Italian in a restaurant, but this was spot on! Even my partner who is a fussy Greek when it comes to food, was completely impressed and we still talk about how good it was here, weeks after. Service was fantastic and they even brought out extra bread for us, because they were that busy and felt that our food was taking too long to come out. To be honest, I was so impressed already by the atmosphere, the decor and my negroni, that I didn't even realise how long it was taking for the food to come out. So we were most impressed by this extra service. The food was fresh and traditional Italian. Definitely more Northern Italian influences, but flavours that all Italians are familiar with. Extremely well priced. I can't fault this restaurant. If we had more time in the town of Mullumbimby, I would've gone to their other cafe, that is right next door and called The Other Joint. Brilliant. Love it!

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

We have been meaning to try this restaurant because as locals we like to support local businesses. We had a lovely dinner. The service was excellent. Prices were very reasonable. We have no hesitation in recommending it. A lovely addition to Mullum's choices of eating out.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

Food is really first class, the tiramisu is to die for as its beyond words. Pasta fresh and very tasty, stuffed zucchini flowers are delicious. Staff is making a big effort to make everyone comfortable, they have some nice ideas to keep kids happy. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Sue A
Reviewed 10 October 2015

A little noisy to sit inside but once we moved to an outside table, we loved it. Very fresh ingredients and a lovely nostalgic Italian menu. The mussels and squid to start with were superb and the veal and lamb mains were faultless. The baked ricotta cheesecake was a highlight. Thanks guys, we'll be back.