“tidy little place”
Review of South Seas Motel

South Seas Motel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Merimbula
Reviewed 22 September 2011

stayed here as an overnight stop driving from Sydney to Melbourne, it was very reasonably priced, was comfortable and very clean. the location was very convenient to a supermarket including bottle shop, plenty of nice little eateries (including McDonalds) and a local pub where we had a couple of drinks and a game of keno.we would definately stay here again and would like to maybe have a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oztourist42

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Spent 1 night in this lovely little hotel for a Regatta.

After a very long and stressful week, and a pretty ordinary trip down, it was lovely to head straight into my hotel room. Lyndon rang me while I was on the road to let me know my room was ready and he'd leave the light on for me.

I was able to park right out the very front of my room. This little place is very minimalist, however that suited me just fine. The room was clean and had enough creature comforts. Had the best sleep I've had in some time after a lovely shower.

Getting up in the morning was an absolute breeze and Lyndon was able to check me out early. They were extremely friendly and homely. It was an absolute pleasure to stay there and I would definintely recommend staying here for either singles or couples.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Friendly staff, clean comfortable room,delicious breakfast,great location

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sunseaWollongong
Reviewed 30 May 2010

We were very disappointed with the service and unfriendly attitude.Stay away! I can see why they need to sell cheap deals to get people to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank fish040
southseas05, Owner at South Seas Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2010

Thank-you for your feedback/review unfortunately we employed a manager that did not work. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and an deeply concerned that your comments are that we are unfriendly and unhelpful. We try to accommodate every guest in every way it is unfortunate that your stay was not an enjoyable experience. Your user name Fisho I find also very disturbing as I am a keen fisherman, vice president of the local fishing club so I would have gone all out to a fellow Fisho to ensure your stay was a successful and enjoyable one.

Reviewed 9 March 2010

What a shambles this place is.
We booked a golf package and they did not send out any confirmation of the booking, they also said we could book our own golf in. When I rang up to confirm it took them 5 minutes to find our booking.
We arrived on a Friday and they said they didn't know what the arrangements were with the Golf club (a game of golf and dinner was supposed to be included in the package), so he took off $50 (the golf ended up being $35, we wouldn't have gotten any dinner for $15).
A cooked breakfast was also included as part of the package. We got a continental breakfast on the first day as we had an early start for golf. On the Sunday we were looking forward to our cooked breafast at 7.15am (we had a tee time of 8.00am at Tura Beach that day) and nothing had turned up by 7.35am. When I phoned reception he said that there breakfast didn't start until 7.30am despite the book in the room and menus at reception when we signed in saying saying it started at 7.15am. Then he said he didn't see the time on the menu we filled out (this menu didn't have a time box or place to tick for the time), then the story changed again and he said they hadn't even started to cook breakfast.
We had to head up to golf and after some pressure on the phone he decided he would do something to compensate us, but when we took the keys up to recption he said the breakfast was complimentary (in that case everything in the package would have been complimentary as it was all purchased together!) and it was just bad luck.
The place is run down and a cockroach came out from behind the fridge on our 2nd day there. The only redeeming feature of the place is the location.
STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN PERIL. THERE ARE MUCH BETTER PLACES IN MERIMBULA.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank DoggiesFan

Thank-you for your frank review. Maybe not completely factual however I believe you have received some satisfaction from submitting your review. Your booking is clearly one that is remembered most people who want discounts for everything are remembered. Clearly your colorful comments were designed to add the most impact I applaud your review with Gusto. Thank you for your review, all the same.