“Fresh and very affordable”
Review of Fishpen Takeaway

Fishpen Takeaway
Ranked #6 of 14 Quick Bites in Merimbula
Price range: AU$1 - AU$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Fishpen Takeaway is a funky fish and chip shop close to Main Beach Merimbula on the Fishpen Peninsular. We offer a huge dining menu including seafood, burgers, snacks, hot dogs, and more! Plus ice creams, coffee and drinks. We are open 11am-7:30pm everyday except Christmas Day. This is takeaway only however there are tables and chairs provided for your convenience. Some Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available. Phone orders welcome although may not be accepted during exceptionally busy times.
Reviewed 7 December 2021 via mobile

My wife and I were advised by a ‘local’ that ‘Fishpen Takeaway’ was their ‘go to’ fish and chip shop in Merimbula. So we took onboard her advice and weren’t disappointed. Excellent portion sizes, not greasy at all, super fresh. Although you can’t dine-in, Ford Park only a minutes walk has plenty of park benches and curious bird life. Our order satisfied my wife and I easily. $25 for both food and drinks (See photo) Enjoy…..

Date of visit: December 2021

Reviewed 23 October 2021

Parked in Merimbula, could not find a Fish and Chip shop. Looked on my phone and Fishpen showed up. Off we went and now know where we will be going in future. A queue and 15min wait but well worth it. The fish (Blue Grenadier) was lovely, crisp batter well cooked and also the chips. We did not realise what we were missing, and live only 60ks away.

Date of visit: October 2021
2  Thank ELEANOR G
Reviewed 19 September 2021

On a spur of the moment during Covid lockdown lets. have fish and chips.What a great choice ,the whole meal was wonderful.Fish chips ,potato cakes and sea scallops all terrific.The service was very quick with the usual covid securities in place .Will return.

Date of visit: September 2021
2  Thank johnpV449BO
Reviewed 5 July 2021

This small takeaway was highly recommended to us so we thought why not give it a go. We arrived to a line of Covid safe people waiting for their orders to be done. Usually a good sign to see so many waiting. We chose fish and chips and they were delivered quickly and were fairly large size - two fillets of fish each and lots of chips.

The fish was fresh and fried nicely. A little creasy but crisp batter with the fish itself lovely. The chips were great - nicely crisp and piping hot. Enjoyed sitting in the nearby park behind the beach.

Date of visit: June 2021
3  Thank Loud1Canberra
Reviewed 2 July 2021 via mobile

If this is the best fish and chips Merimbula has to offer, it’s in trouble!
Fish,chips, nuggets were all awful. Beef burger and snitzel burgers were edible according to my children.
After begging my family for fish and chips for days because I was keen for potato cake…we made our way to this place. Returned home to enjoy our take away (which wasn’t cheap!), only to find that my potato cakes weren’t even included in the packages, even though I’d paid for them. Only a few bucks, I know, but given that they were the reason we went to this place, I was disappointed. Just a few soggy, underwhelming, oily chips for me…
Saved me cooking dinner later that day I suppose, oil filled tummies couldn’t tolerate a meal after this feed!

Date of visit: July 2021