“Underwhelming…”

Ranked #6 of 14 Quick Bites in Merimbula
Price range: AU$1 - AU$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Fishpen Takeaway is a funky fish and chip shop close to Main Beach Merimbula on the Fishpen Peninsular. We offer a huge dining menu including seafood, burgers, snacks, hot dogs, and more! Plus ice creams, coffee and drinks. We are open 11am-7:30pm everyday except Christmas Day. This is takeaway only however there are tables and chairs provided for your convenience. Some Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available. Phone orders welcome although may not be accepted during exceptionally busy times.
Reviewed 2 July 2021 via mobile

If this is the best fish and chips Merimbula has to offer, it’s in trouble!
Fish,chips, nuggets were all awful. Beef burger and snitzel burgers were edible according to my children.
After begging my family for fish and chips for days because I was keen for potato cake…we made our way to this place. Returned home to enjoy our take away (which wasn’t cheap!), only to find that my potato cakes weren’t even included in the packages, even though I’d paid for them. Only a few bucks, I know, but given that they were the reason we went to this place, I was disappointed. Just a few soggy, underwhelming, oily chips for me…
Saved me cooking dinner later that day I suppose, oil filled tummies couldn’t tolerate a meal after this feed!

Date of visit: July 2021

Reviewed 12 May 2021 via mobile

Ordered a family pack with a seafood pack along side to feed the group. We had really good, really fresh and generous proportions of the good stuff. Definitely go and get a feed

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank mountaincowboy01
Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

We will not be caught a second time, so disappointing. The so called grilled fish was more like steamed and running in liquid. I love my chips but they were left uneaten so overcooked dry and hard. Vegetarian dim sims were nearly completely black and the scallops so tiny it was like a ball of batter. Pickup up your game for the price you charge it’s not good enough.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

The staff were nice but my partner and I waited 25 minutes for two burgers, a scoop of chips and a piece of fish. The chips were soggy though the gravy and cheese saved them. The burgers were ok, barely any sauce on either. The fish was pretty bland. Overall not worth the nearly half an hour wait or the $40 we spent.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021

Best Gluten free Burger I have ever tasted, the roll was locally made and the patty was great to. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2021