“Nice tucker”

Ranked #5 of 14 Quick Bites in Merimbula
Price range: AU$1 - AU$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Fishpen Takeaway is a funky fish and chip shop close to Main Beach Merimbula on the Fishpen Peninsular. We offer a huge dining menu including seafood, burgers, snacks, hot dogs, and more! Plus ice creams, coffee and drinks. We are open 11am-7:30pm everyday except Christmas Day. This is takeaway only however there are tables and chairs provided for your convenience. Some Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available. Phone orders welcome although may not be accepted during exceptionally busy times.
Reviewed 31 October 2020

Food, delicious!
Service good
Range of choice, abundant
You can choose healthy or go all out and have deep fried heaven
I had a fish wrap and it was lovely
My husband loved the chicken burger.
Great value?

Reviewed 15 October 2020

The fish was so bland it tasted as though the fish had been frozen for a long time. The fish was grilled and there was no seasoning and the chips had no salt. Extremely disappointing

Reviewed 15 October 2020 via mobile

Super quick and friendly service. Yummy hot, crunchy chips with generous servings. We got the 1 scoop for $6 (pictured). Had a good range of ice creams, gelato, drinks and seafood/burgers.

1  Thank megb2015
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

This has to be the best fish and chips I have had in years! Everything was Fresh and light, the fish meal for two was the best I’ve ever had with amazing fish, calamari, seafood sticks and even sea scallops and for only $33! It had my whole family commenting with every bite about how incredible it was.
My partner had the bloke burger as well which he raved about.

This is a hidden gem that I fear has ruined fish and chips anywhere else for me 🤣. Amazing work Fishpen!

Reviewed 7 October 2020

My first port of call in all my town visits is a fish/ chip shop, especially by the sea. Happy to say after 65 years of travelling/ tasting the Fishpen Takeaway was the very best that I have ever had. Dined on the river bank with my Seafood Basket for 2 with
some very disappointed upset seagulls missing out. That good I had to go back the next day. Lovely light batter, great flavours and excellent value for money - I will return. Graham