“Best breakfast I've ever had!!”
Review of Fishpen Takeaway

Fishpen Takeaway
Ranked #5 of 14 Quick Bites in Merimbula
Price range: AU$1 - AU$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Fishpen Takeaway is a funky fish and chip shop close to Main Beach Merimbula on the Fishpen Peninsular. We offer a huge dining menu including seafood, burgers, snacks, hot dogs, and more! Plus ice creams, coffee and drinks. We are open 11am-7:30pm everyday except Christmas Day. This is takeaway only however there are tables and chairs provided for your convenience. Some Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available. Phone orders welcome although may not be accepted during exceptionally busy times.
Reviewed 13 September 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ordered the big breakfast. Staff were happy to swap a few things we weren't find of for double of the things we did.
When it came out it was MASSIVE. It was fresh, delicious and left us full for the entire day. My only grievance was that we tried this place the last day that we left. We are going back in October and staying across the road. I dare say we will be having breakky there every day!
Although they were extremely busy, we didn't have to wait too long to be served, which I thought we would have. The decor is quirky and new age and the atmosphere is great! Loved it!!!

Can't wait to go back for another big breakky - and also try lunch and dinner too!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This has to be the best place in Merimbula for takeaway fish and chips. I go there for really fresh blue Grenadier. They cook it in a very light crunchy batter...yummmm! They also do take-home dinners and generous serves. Sometimes, when you go there, you might be lucky to get a home-made potato bake. It's really good.
I take my visitors to Jodie's, get some fish, potato cakes, maybe a prawn cutlet, and take-away coffees, then zoom up to Short Point to feast ...on the view AND the food!

Date of visit: July 2014
3  Thank judyfin
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Generous helpings, great prices, excellent fish & chips with friendly service. The coffee is good too! Right near the park, beach and lake, take your catch and enjoy.

Date of visit: May 2014
2  Thank Cat M
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The fish'n'chip shop just isn't what it used to be. There used to be a great "fishy" where Cranky Cafe now stands but it's been "cafe societied" so all that's left on Merimbula Beach is Jodies which after eating food from there - is unsuprisingly "For Sale". Good service from what must be the owners kids at front of house but VERY ordinary food. You'd have to be desperate really........

Date of visit: March 2014
Jodie L, Owner at Fishpen Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear TEZ823
I was extremely disappointed to receive your review however appreciate your acknowledgement of my staffs' (not children) pleasant and courteous service.
I always use reviews to focus on improving our service or product where possible, however your review was too general for me to do so as you have not actually commented on what specific food item which you were unhappy with. I always encourage customers to contact me directly at the shop 02 6495-2399 if there has been a problem so that I can rectify it immediately. Perhaps you could consider doing so?
Your reference to the business being for sale was quite surprising as you are not in a position to know why the business is for sale and therefore it appears to be quite vitriolic and therefore the purpose of your review has me concerned.
As advised, I will use your feedback to counsel our team to always provide the best quality food and best service as keeping our customers satisfied and coming back is important to us.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

A great little take away with super yummy fish and chips and an endless supply of coffee flavoured milk!

I would highly recommend Jodie’s for grilled and battered fish and the chips are delicious. Nothing is too greasy or oily. The staff are friendly and professional.

Date of visit: January 2014