“Service fantastic”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 11
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A house of delectable's that sells handmade chocolates, Icecream made on the premises, with pancakes and a great selection of coffees.
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped at the orginal fix to get some ice cream. The icecream is beautiful and the coffee is delicious, the cakes are really tasty as well. The service was very friendly and helpful. They also had chocolates.
Definitely coming back soon.

Jon053, Owner at The Original Fix, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Thanks you for your comments...safe travels and hope to see you on your return

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

These guys make the best ice cream around !
Hard to choose from the wonderful range of flavours but the Ferrero Rocher is a personal favourite. A trip to Merimbula isn't complete without a visit to the original fix

Jon053, Owner at The Original Fix, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Thank you on behalf of our dedicated staff...we do our best to meet our customer expectations.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

I didn't know this place had bad reviews for ice cream. Just like previous poster's review about the salted caramel, I had the same experience - you cant taste anything but salt. Scoop size is small compared to other places. Some customers' requests to sample were turned down (even when it was not busy) and some were given. Totally not worth the money. Do your self a favour, give it a miss.

Your highlighting of one of our variations of salted caramel has increased our sales from 14 litres/day to 18 litres/day because people are coming into the shop to see what you guys are on about. So thank you, BUT I am disappointed that your didn't enjoy your experience.

I do understand that some of the flavors I come up with, also customer requests, do challenge some of my customers; this is why our customers come to The Fix, to be challenged.

As for our policies on product sampling, the staff are under strict instructions and for very practical reasons; I am sorry this is not up to our customers to decide.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

While in Merimbula for a vacation, we thought of trying some ice cream from the local ice creamery - 'The Original Fix' (29 Dec 16). Stepped into the shop around 4pm, and there were no customers, except us. So we started ordering. I'm always keen to try something new, and asked if I could taste one of their flavours. The young girl refused and pointed at a sign and said, tasting is only available until 10am. Ok. Fair enough I thought. Taking a punt, I chose salted caramel for the day. What a terrible mistake I made. It should have been called Salt with hint of caramel ice cream. It's a salt mine. I am literally biting into salt flakes one after the other. I have attached the photo of the salt from the ice cream. While I was busy trying to finish my 'salted caramel' ice cream, couple of kids came to the shop. When they asked to taste, rules doesn't seem to exist and were offered tasting without hesitation. What a double standard these people have. I spoke to someone who seemingly act like a manager and expressed my displeasure and treating of customers differently, especially during a non-busy time of the day. She was apologetic. I visited the other ice cream shop down the road, in contrast the service was great no matter the skin colour and for the tasting - no issues at all. Well.. No wonder 'The Original Fix' business is for sale - I wish new owners (if any) will take a hint what customer service can do to a store and it's reputation.

2  Thank Roch_Mel
Jon053, Owner at The Original Fix, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

As the owner of this business I am very disappointed at your experience you have had with our customer service and product...i appologise profoundly for getting your experience so wrong. Our TripAdvisor reviews attest to our usual commitment to our customers and products.
My employee raised her and your concerns with me the next day as she was upset with the experience and I will state categorically that NO employee is employed that may have predigests as you implied.
That particular salted caramel, which had some rock salt in the ripple, was requested by a number of our customers as they had purchased that style in Sydney and Melbourne. That style of Salted Caramel was withdrawn that night due to customer feedback; we encourage customer feedback to ensure our customers have a pleasant experience in our shop.
Our product range is always evolving with new ideas which come to me via customers or my own research and this is why our customers come to "The Fix" to experience quality product that does at times broaden our taste experiences.

Again, I appologise on my employees and my own account for your experience.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

The Original Fix never disappoints. Delicious ice cream, all made by the owner John. Whilst family visit from Sydney, treating ourselves to Johns specialty ice cream has become a Christmas event each year. We are greeted by Stacey on our arrival, her friendly banter and hospitality is a credit to the company. Highly recommend, your first visit will not be your last. Enjoy

Jon053, Owner at The Original Fix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Thanks on behalf of my staff...we are committed to our customers and we like to make them smile