Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 15 Mar
Agoda.com
Multiple ways to pay
Vio.com
AU$150
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2021

Literally my first ever stay in the south coast and I have already fallen in love with this place. It is absolutely fantastic. Bill is very humorous and a great guide to the town. Rooms were spotlessly cleaned and has the best view.

Room tip: Call direct to book
Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank SuperGuy084
Reviewed 30 June 2020

I intended to stay 3 days, 15-18 June 2020. I loved Merimbula and Norfolk Pine so much I stayed 2 weeks and departed 29 June 2020. I had 2 big overseas trips booked this year and of course I was heartbroken I could not go BUT the South Coast of NSW is spectacular. It has to be one of the best kept secrets in Oz. Bill's motel is on top of the hill overlooking the whole district. Sunrise on one side. Sunset on the other. Glorious views over the whole of Top Lake. The squad of kangaroos comes into the garden every afternoon around 4pm in winter. I was just in heaven. I can imagine having a sunset BBQ in summer would be superb. The rooms are really neat and well kept. Everything worked just fine. Plenty of hot water. Nice cosy electric blanket. I am definitely coming back when it gets warmer. FYI - best and fastest walk from town to motel is up Monaro Street - less steep and a few minutes faster than Merimbula Drive - takes 20 mins from bus terminal to motel but it is still steep - I would pre-book taxi if you have luggage. Thank you Bill and Robyn for your wonderful hospitality.

Tips - Cranky Cafe on Main Beach has BEST egg and bacon roll I have ever eaten. BEST coffee and raspberry/white chocolate muffin I have ever eaten at Mitchies Jetty Cafe. McDonalds Merimbula has one of the best lunch views in town but you have to fight the kids for a window table or get there early.

If you are are a nature lover, the walking track from Spencer Park to Bar Beach and The Wharf Restaurant has just gob-smacking views of the area.

Make sure you go to Pambula River Mouth for the most beautiful crystal clear water and spectacular natural scenery. You can actually walk approx 7km along the beach from Pambula back to Mitchies Jetty. You can take the bus to Pambula at 8.25 or 9.43am and walk all the way back. It was great!

And FYI - I thought Merimbula was BEST town to stay at as it was larger and had more offerings. From there you can do day trips to Eden, Bermagui and Narooma - all doable by bus if you need to - see Premier Motor Service. Bus departs around 6.30am and you can come back around 5pm. It works out well. Eden and Bermagui were great and beautiful, but small towns and personally, I wouldn't stay there - I don't think there are enough entertainment options albeit Bermagui Pub for sunset drinks on the terrace is amazing - and I mean AMAZING SUNSET views.

Narooma was also fantastic. I saw at least 12 fur seals less than 20m from me on the rockwall near Australia Rock (Wagonga Head) and then if you walk around the perimeter of the Golf Course you will see the most jaw-dropping scenery you could imagine including a huge grotto with aquamarine blue blue water. Amazing. Lunch at Quarterdeck was also an amazing highlight - a quirky, cool, Hawaiian/Blues venue on a wharf on the lake in Narooma. I went twice!

Room tip: Room 8 was perfect.
Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank YasmineinSydney
Reviewed 14 February 2020

My second stay and the room was once again immaculate. Clean, fresh and very comfortable bed, bedding and plenty of hot water. It is a two minute drive or 15-20 minute walk for shopping, restaurants and clubs. Friendly staff and a gorgeous view out over the lake, will stay again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 26 January 2020

Thankyou to Bill and his staff! We had to evacuate our town due to fires! Booked two nights, rang for an early check in, Bill told us to check in and stay for free for as long as we needed! Outstanding service and with a touch of humanity thrown in! Cheers and we will be back have a great 2020! Heath and Trudy, Bermagui!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2020

We were offered a very reasonable walk in rate by the friendly host and were pleasantly surprised at the standard of accommodation. Decor was dated but rooms were very clean and well equipped. The units offer super views over the river and is an easy drive back into town. The fact that we could photograph numerous kangaroos on the back lawn was just a bonus!

Date of stay: December 2019