Lowest prices for your stay
AU$165
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Hotels.com
All reviews view from the balcony comfortable bed microwave kookaburras cutlery
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2019

We stopped here on the last night of a quite rushed roadtrip from Sydney to Melbourne and back home in five days! We arrived at dusk, and could only see the full moon lighting the clouds and the lights of Merimbula below. The next morning we got the full majesty of sunrise and the gorgeous view, along with lots of Rainbow Lorikeets, Galahs, a cockatoo or 3, ibis and the sheep in the paddock below! Even though we have regular birds in our garden, this was an abundance of Australian natives. The bed was comfortable, a lovely table and chairs (where we enjoyed our t/a fish and chips) great small balcony with table and chairs, lots of towels, and a nice lot of shelf space. All in all a wonderful spot to stop and spend a night or two, even if at first sight it is a little dated (and the owner is lovely and super helpful)

Room tip: every room has a view!
Date of stay: September 2019
kingfisher069, Owner at Kingfisher Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2019

thank you for your awesome review.

Reviewed 25 August 2019 via mobile

Thankyou to Janine and Baron for a wonderful weekend. Warm welcome, comfortable bed and pristine cleanliness. The dawn chorus and breathtaking views are the best in town. Can’t wait to come back again soon. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linzi K
kingfisher069, Owner at Kingfisher Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2019

You are always welcome back Linzi and thank you for your fantastic review

Reviewed 20 April 2019

i arrived at this Motel after a 10 hr drive. I am a lady travelling solo and this was the first accommodation I came to at 9pm and in the dark with a bit of trepidation I pulled in. The reception was closed but by luck the owner was crossing the car park and asked if I wanted a room he offered to show me the room before I decided to take it which was really nice. To be honest I was so tired I would have slept in a broom cupboard but the room was spacious and clean with everything you could need. Kettle, toaster, tea, coffee and the owner brought me fresh milk he was so nice and polite and told me about getting food delivered etc. I felt very safe and welcome. In the morning I got the biggest surprise on opening the curtains there was a lovely balcony with superb views over the town of Merimbula and the ocean. Just beautiful. There is also a swimming pull and lots of different kinds of birds which they are keen to feed and encourage as well as a friendly Wombat and some sheep. Unfortunately I had to leave that morning but after a good hot shower I packed up ad went to pay. The lady on reception was so helpful and nice to talk to. I had a fabulous stay and wish I had been staying for a week. Thanks again Kingfisher Motel for a great stay.

Room tip: I was in room 6 but all the rooms have a view and am sure of the same standard
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank acaarad
kingfisher069, Owner at Kingfisher Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

Thank you for writing us a nice review from our scottish Amanda and we hope your daughter liked the birds on the postcard

Reviewed 1 February 2019 via mobile

We were met by the owners with warmth and generosity. The room was light and airy and spotlessly clean. Great facilities. Spectacular views from the private balcony with a host of Aussie wildlife to enjoy as far as the eye can see. This was a personally difficult trip for our family but we were made to feel at home and nothing was too much trouble. I would have no hesitation in recommending this beautiful motel. Can’t wait to return to the Kingfisher 🤗

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Linzi K
kingfisher069, Owner at Kingfisher Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Thank you for your fabulous review and we look forward to seeing you back under happier times.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

My wife, Jan and I stayed for one night only on a busy trip.
We were able to get an early check-in and late check-out, which helped our schedule. The owners were really great, chatty and helpful, and delivered a wonderful cooked room-service breakfast right on time.
The views are spectacular and the native birds made a beautiful addition to the feel of the place. Will definitely stay again!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
kingfisher069, Owner at Kingfisher Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a lovely review. We are glad we could accommodate you and look forward to seeing you in the future.