Review Highlights
A welcoming 100% Volunteer led experience

I volunteer at the Museum. The collection here is drawn from the Community and is a great venue to... read more

Reviewed 25 March 2022
I1351MSdonaldb
Cute little Museum

The Museum is staffed by volunteers and has exhibits of local history in both the Teacher’s cottage... read more

Reviewed 16 May 2021
TheDoor_isopen
Tuggeranong, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Admittedly, I didn't go in as I didn't have the $5 cash at the time. The large museum at Bega was entrance by donation, so I guess I have been spoilt. Whilst I understand the costs involved with purchasing items for museums and the upkeep, I couldn't honestly pay when only a few days prior I had visited a larger one for free.
Sorry

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Annamarie D
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was a very interesting place to visit for a half hour or more to see some history of the local area. Who knew this was a gold mining area? Lots of exhibits and things to read. Run by local volunteers, go and support them. They do a great job.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Had a very enjoyable look around this museum. The museum is not very big but gives an insight of what old Merimbula and life there was like. Worth the time to go there and being at the top town easy to get to.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

It is a very small museum with very limited historical value - ie: items showing weights in kg show they are not all that old. It took about five minutes to see everything - a lot of which were just copies of photos

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We spotted the fabulous museum building from the RSL Club opposite and after seeing the fantastic historic display that the museum had in the club, we were sold. Visited the museum the next day, but sadly, it didn't quite live up to expectations. We had been excited that there was a special display on about Syms Covington, but it didn't live up to what it could have been - confused arrangement, information not very easy to read, pretty tacky presentation, and so much more could have been made of his art work. Even though the museum has some great items, they seem to be shown pretty willy-nilly and without much attention to detail. All in all, it's hard to believe that the displays at the museum are put together by the same group as the one at the RSL Club. If they can raise the bar at the museum to the same height as the club, they'll be on a winner.

Date of experience: October 2017