New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Merimbula RSL Club Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Merimbula
Price range: USD 7 - USD 19
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“I don't get it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

It seems RSLs and Leagues clubs are abundant in NSW but I don't know why. Soulless and clinical and those awful gambling machines!

Visited January 2012

• Finnish first
Melbourne
“Reasonable Prices - Disappointing Food - Grouchy Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The RSL is always full during the summer holidays so we thought we'd try it on our first visit to Merimbula in January 2011.

Like most places, you order at a counter and pay for your meals which come out. They forgot one of our orders and it took a long time to come. That's not so bad because mistakes happen in the kitchen and that's just life. However, the staff were very grouchy about it and had to check the computer and roll their eyes about it which isn't at all acceptable.

The food itself was barely edible. I ordered a steak medium rare which was as tough as eating my shoe. I left most of it. The vegetables were mushy and soft - perfect for someone without teeth but totally devoid of any nutritional value. The chips looked like they had been cooked in the morning and microwaved - they were soggy and cold inside.

We've asked a few people about the place and they say it is very good value and the food is good so we may have just had a bad experience.

Visited February 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“The view was the only good thing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We found the food very disappointing. I ordered the seafood coup and found it very greasy and the seafood was quite tasteless. The fresh prawns were not like any prawns I had tasted before - like they had been soaked in vinegar!. The breadrolls were nice - would have preferred more of those than the tasless mains but only given one each when ordering meals. We asked for a jug of water and the barman looked at me as if I had ordered something foreign. Why is it so hard to get water as a drink. It should be provided automatically on request. The plastic like cups that look like they have been washed a million times are also a put off.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Value, nice meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We went to the RSL twice during our 11 night stay in Merimbula. we took friends with us and they enjoyed it too. Meals were served fast. Our table had a range of steaks, parma, kids meals. All looked lovely. Kids chicken nuggets and chips was REAL chicken breast, very nice. Best parma I have had for a long time
On our second visit we all chose something from the extensive chinese menu, yes, they have a proper chinese chef. We ordered honey chilli chicken( yummy) combination satay( delicious) and mongolian combination and fried rice. The fried rice didnt have much in it but the rest of the meal was superb and only $16.00 a main, was great value too.
I had a delicious dessert, which consisited of a sample of about 3 different flavours of icecream, with wafers, mint, strawberries and chocolate it was to die for.
Then I played pokies and won $55 so it was a great night.
Put the kids into Child minding room which has 2 very freindly ladies entertaining the kids while you wine and dine in peace . Kids watched tv, colored in, played with other kids and had a ball which makes going out easy and relaxing.

Visited January 2012
Mallacoota, Australia
“Good club quality food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

But nothing outstanding, usual fare in a bland environment.