Hotels.com
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

We had lunch here today the menu was on the small size only one pasta dish which was disappointing, they had lobster on the menu but sold out that was disappointing. My brother an ex chef had a tbone it was huge anc cooked to perfection as he likes rare. I thought the prices were a little expensive and didn’t offer seniors we had chicken parmigiana they were quite nice but a little thick the rooms themselves were a little tired but had a fantastic view staff were friendly

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2021

Tried their Bistro. Wife had a pork burger which was nice. I had a seafood basket which was all pre-made stuff. Yes the deep fry was okay but it was a little greasy. Atmosphere was a typical pokies / RSL type of pub. Service was efficient and I guess you get what you pay for. Was it bad? No. Would I go back. Probably not.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Carlos S
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

This is the third time we’ve been to Merimbula for a weekend away since COVID hit and discovered the Lakeview Hotel the first visit. We have tried other restaurants and clubs, but always end up back at the Lakeview for meals as they are consistently excellent. The views over the lake are lovely and relaxing, service is quick and the food really is to die for. I had oysters kilpatrick and the BBQ sauce they use is what really makes it. Hubby said the steak was the best he’s ever had, and he’s really fussy, plus the fisherman’s basket was really fresh and not at all oily. Even their chips are crispy and nice. They practice social distancing with their tables and ensure everyone signs in when entering. If you want to eat in Merimbula, you really can’t go past the Lakeview. You’ll love it!

Room tip: Bookings are highly recommended, especially if you want a table by the window overlooking the lake.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank clr378
Reviewed 3 March 2021

I have eaten here on several occasions and never had a bad meal. This week I had another couple of dinners, good reception by what appeared to be new staff. I had a nice table at window, I had booked on line.

Sunday night I had the Reef and Beef, big meal, very good steak and prawns with chips/salad.
Monday night I had the Pork Ribs, big meal, full set of ribs well grilled with nice sauce and tasty. Chips and salad.

Food here is a cut above normal pub food and is my favourite dining place in Merimbula.

No complaints re food and service, all very good. Prices are very reasonable. The bistro was busy both nights. Drinks are reasonably priced. I liked the Bulmers cider on tap.

Highly recommended and I would return. Remember to make a reservation.

2  Thank Leslie C
Reviewed 13 February 2021

The Lakeview bar and grill at the Merimbula hotel provided astounding food. The 500gm T-Bone was perfectly cooked and presented. Thick, juicy and supremely tender. The Panko Chicken was moist and full of flavour. The head chef, David told us the meat was sourced in the Riverina. The beast was allowed to hang for 140 days after being dispatched. Grain fed. The meat was respected by the chefs. The chickens were free range and obtained locally. David told us they sourced local, then Australian produce. The service was excellent. Prices reasonable. The view across the lake made whole experience wonderful. A bit of a drive from Sydney, but if you should find yourselves in Merimbula, it is with worth the drive to get a fantastic feed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Helen H, Marketing at The Merimbula Lakeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Thank you so much John for the great review, and love the fact that it's worth the drive to get a fantastic feed! We are lucky to have David as a head chef, as his dishes and menus are creative, well thought through - and not to mention delicious. We do hope that when you're next in Merimbula you stop by for a meal and a chat!