Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fully equipped kitchen deck area val tuck unit garden island
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2022

I stayed at Hideaway twice in the last year, in February 2021 and February 2022 and I love it.
Hideaway is a beautiful place, secluded and tuck away in a gorgeous garden which is home to a lovely family of woodhens.
It’s quiet, clean, spacious with a fully equipped kitchen. I especially loved the little deck area at the back of each unit, although there was so much to do on the island that I never got a chance to sit there properly.
Val and Bronwyn looked after me very well. They were very friendly and helpful.
I am already looking at dates to go back to that little paradise.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 24 February 2021

The name pretty much says it all!
Val and Bronwyn looked after me very well. They were very friendly and helpful. They knew I was mostly interested in snorkelling and being in the water and every couple of days they will leave a weather/sea conditions update sheet at my door which I thought was very thoughtful.
I am already looking at dates to go back.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 7 December 2020

We atayed at Hideaway for a very enjoyable 10 days. The apartment was very comfortable, with a double bedroom, a sitting room/kitchen, an ensuite and a private deck. Our hosts Val and Bronwyn were wonderful, friendly and helpful. Due to COVID we ate at the resort most nights, in a very nice BAR-BQ area. The rates were excellent and I would recommend it to anyone who likes to look after themselves at least some of the time.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank storeyian69
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

Amazing resort with excellent staff, the service and the amenities are great. My family and I love the fitness center. The Gym had sufficient equipment for total body workout. If you’re not a gym person and want to workout you can join the fitness classes such as Yoga, pilates and even Aqua fit. The procedures and protocols for COVID are intact, so you can feel at home and safe. You must meet Andre And Lindo from the Fitness Team great guys.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2020

i would say hideaway offers the most competitive rates among the limited accommodations in lord howe

val is way much nicer and helpful in person than on email. she and her daughter stayed >20 years on the island. they know the island very well and share me helpful information.

the room was generally very clean except for some cockroach issue. because of the rodent eradication project in lord howe, i was told that restaurants and lodges were getting cockroaches problem. but val promised to hire a professional pesticide service company to solve it.

basic toiletry is available. hot shower is strong and drainage is good

the location is a little bit uphill. but have a short cut to ned's beach in ~20 mins walking distance

for all the budget lodges in lord howe, please be prepared that there is not even a fan in the room. "very harsh" as what val said, hahaha. so you cannot stay inside the room in a summer afternoon

Date of stay: January 2020