Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
prueo
Sydney
Lovely spacious and private accommodation
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Sept 2015
My husband and I have just spent 6 nights on LHI staying in Apartment 4 at Pandanus. I chose this accommodation as we wanted something self contained and I liked the pictures on the net. This was a 1 bedroom apartment but was incredibly spacious. It was an older style but I knew that from the pictures and reviews. Even though it was old it was freshly painted and lovely and light with nice tasteful furniture. The bed was huge as it was a twin together. It was a little hard for us but that was not the end of the world. The kitchen had everything we needed and as we didn't cook any dinners I can't comment on the barbecue on the very spacious balcony. There was plenty of seating inside and out. A small tv was included and an assortment of dvd's and books. We had a mixed bag of weather and when it poured all day were very happy laying around inside reading and watching a movie. Both the owner Michael and the Manager Liz were extremely hospitable and helpful. If you want 5 star luxury then don't stay here but if you want to be warm and comfortable in nice surroundings with a lovely private outlook onto the gardens you will be most happy. Even more so when you step out of your room and walk across the garden to eat in arguably the best little restaurant on the island. We will be back!
Date of stay: September 2015
eDreams
    • Expedia.com
    Vio.com
      Free Wifi
      our unit is in the foreground
      Priceline
      • Expedia.com
      • Booking.com
      Restaurant
      View more hotels in Lord Howe Island
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 8 July 2015

Good clean basic accomodation, with basic kitchen facilities, a little tired but nice surrounds, has a restaurant on site but must book. Love that you don't get room keys as you don't need to lock anything!!! Like a step back in time......we hired bicycles and would recommend this as all things Lord Howe involve walking or riding......Older people should be aware that there is a whole lot of walking and alot is uphill!!! Panadanus is located on the hill so be aware that it is a steep walk home.....for dinner all accomodation provide transport to restaurants then restaurant will drive you back......we love our week on Lord Howe as a winter getaway

Room tip: there is no mobile ph reception on the Island and very limited internet
      Date of stay: June 2015
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      3  Thank atnix
      Reviewed 30 July 2014

When friends and I booked out Pandanus Apartments we needed a place that was able to accommodate all our families, whilst not breaking the budget. Pandanus was an excellent location, close to the beach, an excellent restaurant and some of the beautiful walks on the island. As eating out on the island was really expensive we loved the ability to cook freshly caught fish on the BBQ and have great dinners on the verandahs with everyone in one place. The staff were extremely helpful; right from airport transfers, an island tour and to taking us to get bikes from the local hire place. We would warmly recommend Pandanus Apartments to anyone ready to experience the beauty of Lord Howe. Cant wait to go back next year.

Room tip: Book all the apartments for a great family and friends experience.
      Date of stay: March 2014
      • Trip type: Travelled with family
      5  Thank Philip C
      Reviewed 26 June 2014

It was my 3rd visit to magnificent Lord Howe Island .. I decided to stay this time at Pandanus as it looked like a well laid out position for privacy, as I needed a rest.
      Lovely Liz picked me up from the airstrip and because I had been before we skipped the tour on the way to the accommodation..
      I had delightful room 4 with plenty if light and privacy, it had everything I needed and Liz was always on hand if I needed anything. She showed me a lovely shortcut through the rainforest to get to Joys Shop, who supply everything you will need.. As they don't have plastic bags, I would suggest taking a backpack or a carry bag to get your things, but they do provide boxes of all sizes..
      Liz stopped on the way so I could get some supplies, although the accommodation has starter kits
      There is a restaurant on site which was open most nights for dinner and I would get takeaway from their delicious menu.
      I would thoroughly recommend Pandanus if you want a true getaway, but if you need contact with the world, the only place you can get reception is on the restaurant veranda, which was all I needed ...
      It is also close by to Neds beach which is beautiful and a short walk into the township ..

Date of stay: June 2014
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      6  Thank Vikki S
      Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Pandanus for a week for our honeymoon in June 2014. Our apartment was exactly as it had been presented on the website - very comfortable, tastefully decorated and self-contained. Liz met us at the airport on our arrival and gave us a very informative tour of the island. She also drove us to our chosen restaurant for dinner on the first night (and the restaurant provided transport home - one of the unique ways of doing things on the island!) We had everything we needed - the apartments are very comfortable with cooking facilities, a great deck for relaxing, a restaurant on site for dinner and beautiful gardens. We were able to walk or cycle to everything and Liz was at the ready to help us make the most of the island.

Date of stay: June 2014
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      3  Thank Kerry J
      Reviewed 25 March 2014

We just had a 10 day stay at Pandanus and could not have been happier. Liz, the manager, was so helpful and could not have done any more for us than she did. The apartment was clean and comfortable, and we especially like the patio area. Even though the Internet was slow, it was available. But the great thing about the island is to get away from the Internet. The restaurant next door was excellent and we ate there twice while we were on LHI. I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2014