Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2014

When friends and I booked out Pandanus Apartments we needed a place that was able to accommodate all our families, whilst not breaking the budget. Pandanus was an excellent location, close to the beach, an excellent restaurant and some of the beautiful walks on the island. As eating out on the island was really expensive we loved the ability to cook freshly caught fish on the BBQ and have great dinners on the verandahs with everyone in one place. The staff were extremely helpful; right from airport transfers, an island tour and to taking us to get bikes from the local hire place. We would warmly recommend Pandanus Apartments to anyone ready to experience the beauty of Lord Howe. Cant wait to go back next year.

Room tip: Book all the apartments for a great family and friends experience.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Philip C
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It was my 3rd visit to magnificent Lord Howe Island .. I decided to stay this time at Pandanus as it looked like a well laid out position for privacy, as I needed a rest.
Lovely Liz picked me up from the airstrip and because I had been before we skipped the tour on the way to the accommodation..
I had delightful room 4 with plenty if light and privacy, it had everything I needed and Liz was always on hand if I needed anything. She showed me a lovely shortcut through the rainforest to get to Joys Shop, who supply everything you will need.. As they don't have plastic bags, I would suggest taking a backpack or a carry bag to get your things, but they do provide boxes of all sizes..
Liz stopped on the way so I could get some supplies, although the accommodation has starter kits
There is a restaurant on site which was open most nights for dinner and I would get takeaway from their delicious menu.
I would thoroughly recommend Pandanus if you want a true getaway, but if you need contact with the world, the only place you can get reception is on the restaurant veranda, which was all I needed ...
It is also close by to Neds beach which is beautiful and a short walk into the township ..

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank Vikki S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Pandanus for a week for our honeymoon in June 2014. Our apartment was exactly as it had been presented on the website - very comfortable, tastefully decorated and self-contained. Liz met us at the airport on our arrival and gave us a very informative tour of the island. She also drove us to our chosen restaurant for dinner on the first night (and the restaurant provided transport home - one of the unique ways of doing things on the island!) We had everything we needed - the apartments are very comfortable with cooking facilities, a great deck for relaxing, a restaurant on site for dinner and beautiful gardens. We were able to walk or cycle to everything and Liz was at the ready to help us make the most of the island.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kerry J
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We just had a 10 day stay at Pandanus and could not have been happier. Liz, the manager, was so helpful and could not have done any more for us than she did. The apartment was clean and comfortable, and we especially like the patio area. Even though the Internet was slow, it was available. But the great thing about the island is to get away from the Internet. The restaurant next door was excellent and we ate there twice while we were on LHI. I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank olened12
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the Pandanus early January 2014 and absolutely loved our time at Pandanus. We stayed in a gorgeous cottage / unit that was fully self contained. The unit had all the facilities required for a relaxing break including full compliment of cooking facilities, picnic basket/ bag (to use at one of the many bbq facilities you find on the Island), foxtel TV , torches and more.
We loved sitting on the front porch at the end of a long day of bike riding, swimming, snorkelling , hiking and just taking in the lush tropical garden setting and enjoying a wine .

We found the host Liz very engaging and thoughtful, ensuring we had access to transport and any other requirements. Liz was very caring in regards to our young son who has a peanut allergy making sure that there was no risk whatsoever. We very much enjoyed getting to know Liz and understanding life on LHI from the perspective of a true local Islander.
We loved the fact that our mobiles didn't work on the Island and we had no internet connectivity. ALthough we could access the internet at the hotel we chose not to connect online and really take advantage of being remote.
Great holiday with so much to do on the Island. OUr stay of 5 days was way too short and we can't wait to make a trip back to LHI in the not too distant future - definitely stating and Pandanus once more.

Date of stay: February 2014