3,669 results
All reviews plunge pool seasons restaurant pepper salt free movies buffet breakfast main pool peppers kingscliff in house movies the gold coast hotel room byron bay bedroom suite school holidays relaxing stay great pool family holiday great facilities
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Was to stay here with my partner but he was called away to work, and as i booked through wotif for two nights (and as someone who works in this industry) i knew i couldn't cancel or shift dates so decided to go along anyway, check in was quite smooth Gentleman at the counter was quite helpful and polite, I had booked a one bedroom with plunge pool and the room was lovely, only thing i could point out was the air conditioner really needs a good clean and the fingerprints left on the wardrobe just let it down, but once again as i work in this industry these are the things you notice and probably most guests wouldn't see, but it is the little things that matter, whoever is in charge of housekeeping needs to have these things pointed out as i saw there were a few notes in other reviews about the same items, the room has great neutral colours, the bathroom is wonderfully set out a lot of thought has gone into making the most of each space, the bed was truly comfortable and having a tv you could shift around was a bonus but on check out i inquired whether i could look at the 2 bedroom suite (as we were planning a trip back through next week) the young girl at the counter was not at all helpful and it was like a real bother to her that i asked, i find that offputting, your staff are there to promote your business and to encourage people to come back, to be told, look it is just the suite you were in and a basic hotel room next to it with duel key.... and to find out pricing was just as bad, please take note of this management, your staff are your face, and for them not to know basic information like prices or the ability to smile and say, sure i will show you a room, leaves the guest feeling like they are just been a hassle, maybe some more training might help. I didn't have the buffet breakfast on either day so cannot comment on it, but i will visit again, just hope staff are more pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ms_aus
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay and experience at Peppers Salt Resort and Spa.

Firstly I wish to offer my apologies your partner could not take advantage of the stay due to sickenss, I truly hope that the sickness has passed.

I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding the comfortable suite, the layout of the room and the comfortable bed; I do however apologise about the housekeeping issues you have raised, please note that these areas of concern are followed up and passed on to each of the team members to rectify immediately.

Your feedback you have provided regarding the visiting and description of the Dual Key Suite is certainly unacceptable and I sincerely apologise for this. The team are absolutely there to help and support our guests in every facet of their stay and I assure you I do take this very seriously and again offer my full apologies.

I am very pleased to hear that you are coming back for a future visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.

Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed at Peppers Salt in the last week of the Qld school holidays with a girlfriend and her two kids, plus my two - a tribe! I didn't have expectations of the resort or it's layout (i just wanted a getaway!) and i was pleasantly surprised - apart from the fantastic lagoon style pool, complete with sand and additional plunge pools (of which the kids had to sample all!), there is a large play area/oval of grassed area with a walking/running track surrounds which is perfect to wear them out on their roller blades or scooters when they've had enough water! The beach is a mere 2 minute stroll and is patrolled (!). Add to that a strip of boutique shops/restaurants/cafes and there is no where else you have to go. The resort was undergoing a renovation of their main restaurant (Roughies?) and therefore breakfast was set-up in the main foyer/reception area of the hotel. I thought this would be disastrous as the resort appeared to be full,but it was all handled beautifully - the staff are friendly and helpful, and no request seemed too difficult.
I am looking forward to the next time i can book a stay at Peppers Salt - it was a delight for me and the kids, which is sometimes a difficult ask!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Vickitee
Damian_Sillars, Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Dear Vicki T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience at Peppers Salt Resort and Spa.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and we were able to comfortably accommodate you and your girlfriend and kids during the busy school holiday period.

I certainly appreciate your understanding of the Restaurant Refurbishment and our arrangements for breakfast poolside, it certainly was a perfect setting during the holiday period.

The staff will certainly be thankful for your kind words, I also appreciate hearing this feedback.

Once again I thank you for your feedback regarding your experience and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2010

I booked a one bedroom with plunge pool package for 5 nights through Wotif last year for my husband and I. The package also included buffet breakfast daily and in house movies. The buffet breakfast was delicious with a fantastic range to choose from and the in house movies included both old and newly released films.

We had beautiful hot weather during our stay and definitely made good use of our plunge pool and the other large pools found in the compound. If you want to snag a sun lounge by the pools you need to get in super early especially during the holidays not only for QLD but for NSW. Our plunge pool though was shared with the guest room next door but we were lucky as no one was staying there at all so we had the pool to ourselves. The resort is right on the beach so its only a very short walk and also utilised the tennis court as well but make sure to book a day a head if your thinking of using the courts.

Our room was located on the ground floor it was immaculate and spacious with modern and tasteful furnishings. The bed was heavenly, so comfortable! The TV was a great size and was on adjustable swing hinges on the wall so you can watch the TV in bed or on you comfy lounge suite. The room was serviced everyday and housekeeping did a great job. The kitchen was well equipped and we utilised it well for our lunches and some dinners but it doesn’t have a conventional oven only a microwave oven so there was no roast cooking.

Dining options was only a short walk away or you could dine at the resorts own restaurant (a bit pricy). There is a surf club, pizza place, Thai restaurant and other restaurants there is also a convenience store in this dining precient. My husband and I had cocktails by the main pool the cocktails are nice but way expensive than usual but we were prepared and brought along our own supply of wines and beer.

The resort has an adjoining spa called Golden spa we didn’t use it but I’m sure if we had the extra money for it we would have use it (pricy). Resort staff are friendly and welcoming and check in and check out was very prompt. It is a family resort so children are everywhere during school holidays so if you want a less busier atmosphere avoid this times. We enjoyed our stay greatly and will return again in the future. We definitely recommend this resort for a relaxing and stress free time.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear JazGar,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback you have provided regarding your experience at Peppers Salt Resort and Spa.

I have forwarded your feedback ontot the team as they will be equally appreciative of your thoughts, experience and feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the local experiences you encountered.

I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back once again to Peppers Salt Resort and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2010

My family and I have just returned from a very relaxing holiday at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, in Kingscliff NSW. I couldn't rate the Resort more highly, from the moment we arrived and walked into our appartment we were very impressed. We had a lagoon pool appartment, which was fantastic, just out the gate and you were there, sitting on one of the huge shaded couches, on a banana lounge or swimming in the beautiful pool. Our children are 9, 11 and 12 so they tended to be in the deeper end, but it also had the beach side which was fantastic for small children, making it a great place for families of all ages.The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast's were delicious. There were also some great resturants in easy walking distance for everyone. All in all it was a great place to stay, in an ideal location, I would highly recomend this resort.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Damian_Sillars, Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your memorable experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time a Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, and look forward to welcoming you back.
Best Regards
General Manager - Peppers Salt Resort & Spa

Reviewed 21 October 2010

We had a fantastic stay at Peppers Salt resort during september. Everything from check in to the buffet breakfast to the cleanliness of the rooms. It was exactly what we expected and more. The rooms are very modern with comfortable beds and kitchens are very well equipped. Also had a nice view of the pool. Great free movies as well. Thanks very much for an incredibly enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melc111
Damian_Sillars, Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2010

Thank you for taking time out to write to us about such a positive experience here at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa. It is always a pleasure to hear we were able to help in providing a memorable short break; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
General Manager – Peppers Salt Resort & Spa