3,720 results
All reviews plunge pool seasons restaurant pepper salt free movies buffet breakfast main pool peppers kingscliff in house movies the gold coast hotel room byron bay bedroom suite school holidays relaxing stay great pool family holiday great facilities
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I have just returned from a 3 night stay which was pleasant enough. However, there a couple of features I think are worth mentioning.
Firstly, the noise from the closing of the doors during the night is very,very loud and in our case, it involved the opening and closing of two doors as the setup was for two apartmenst to be accessed from one door which lead into a small area from which we then accessed our apartment, and the same for the guests in the adjoining apartment.
It would be a good idea to have signs requesting guests to try to close the doors quietly ( can be very difficult due the the weight of the the doors ) particularly if guests retire early ...the noise from the closing is very loud.

Secondly, the showers have very light water flow, possibly making it take longer to wash .I realise water is a valuable resource but if that is a concern in the resort,maybe the spa baths are an unneccesary luxury.

Room Tip: ask for a room or apartment with only one door... the one leading to your accomodation
1  Thank doodydo
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear doodydo,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. I do, however, apologise that you found the doors to be noisy. We will certainly take this feedback on board and try to implement ways to reduce this.

I also thank you for your feedback on the water flow in the showers. This is indeed a water & energy saving measure that we have implemented. I am sorry that this has impacted upon your experience within our resort.

Should you be returning to the resort, please don't hesitate to contact our In House Reservations team directly. We will do our very best to request a quiet room allocation for you.

We hope to welcome you to Peppers Resort again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is a great place to stay for a family with kids.

The pool is great, with a sandy beach and shallow sloping entry. Lots of loungers, difficult to get them on the weekend when they had full occupancy, but otherwise fine.

Breakfast was excellent, a huge range of cooked and continental options. Special mention goes to the breakfast chef - she was very friendly and happy to provide information about the food, and have a chat.

The rooms themselves are good - we had the two bedroom suite so had full kitchen and laundry facilities. Plenty of space, and the free on demand movies were GREAT with over 200 movies to choose from! Internet is also free, I took a wireless access point which I plugged into the cable which gave us free wireless for the duration. Otherwise wireless is only at the lobby. Weird window in the bathrooms which I guess is to add natural light, but it also means light from the bathroom floods into then bedrooms at night which isn't so great.

Big let down was housekeeping. On two out of six days it wasn't until after 4pm!! It was just a towel change and bed make. The toilet and basin were NEVER cleaned. They are in and out in 5 mins, they obviously need more staff in this dept.

All staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank russnz

Dear russnz,

I am delighted that you & your family enjoyed your stay with us and particularly loved the included movies, room facilities & swimming pool.

Thank you also for your review of the buffet breakfast. It is always pleasing to read positive feedback on our team & I will be sure to share your comments with our breakfast chef.

On another note, I would like to apologise for the housekeeping issues you experienced. This is certainly not our usual standard of high service and I will follow this through with our team.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I do hope we can welcome you to Peppers again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2012

On arrival we were advised that the resort was fully booked as they were accommodating a wedding party. Reception suggested that for our own convenience we should avoid a potentially busy breakfast hour. Later on the message service on the in-room entertainment system (free movies - great addition), again advised to avoid the busy period....which we did. We were impressed with the selection of fresh fruit and preserved i.e. blueberries and raspberries in plenty. Delicious pastries and what a variety. Pancakes, maple syrup....plus a full cooked breakfast to mention just a small selection that was available. The buffet breakfast above was included in the price. We did not have to wait for a table on any day during our stay, tables were cleared quickly.
Our room overlooked the lagoon pool, which as someone mentions, is shallow, but there are other pools at the resort for lap swimming.
All rooms have internet connection, but not wi-fi.
We loved the room, very comfortable bed, spa bath - tried that out and it filled quickly which is always a bonus. There was even a washing machine. The balcony could have benefited from two loungers, rather than one.
It is convenient having a good selection of restaurants adjacent to the resort, we tried the Thai and Italian during out stay and both were good, although the latter was not cheap.
I agree with another reviewer who had to look for a luggage trolley, we never managed to find one and instead had to make several trips from the underground garage up to the second floor. I do think that a greater number of small trollies, like the ones they have in Bunnings, need to be available.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 nights.

1  Thank Julian009

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our chefs certainly put a lot of effort in into the beautiful breakfast buffet & I will be sure to pass your comments through to the team. I am also pleased that found the spa suite comfortable & the facilities so convenient.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the luggage trolleys. I do apologise that one was not available for you. We will look at ways to better manage these to provide a more positive experience for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to Peppers Salt Resort & Spa in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

An absolutely delightful place to stay and very well planned. This would have to be at the top of my favorites list. We had two adjoining rooms with a private corridor- one self contained room for the kids, and one very private spa room for mum and dad making it perfect for couples who desperately need some together time but can't get a sitter. To top it off both rooms led to a private plunge pool. Little touches and architectural design, close to pristine white beaches with magnificent resort pool and fun bike activities make this a perfect getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Mpix1

Dear Mpix1,

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed a great experience as a couple & a family. It's wonderful that you had the time to enjoy the beautiful resort facililites, the beaches & your own private pool.

I am thrilled Peppers Salt is now one of your favourite places to stay and we certainly hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the resort. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with plunge pool. The room was warm and inviting, very comfortable and had very good quality furnishings. It included a buffet breakfast in the price, which was also good value for money. The pool and spa area was very well kept, and a relaxing place to stay. You could easily remain at the resort, however, there is lots to do near by if you want to get out. With the park directly across the road, the beach beyond that and many walking tracks the family can be kept busy. There is also a variety of restaurants close by. A really relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The rooms with the plunge pools give you a private place to be if you want it.
1  Thank MareeandAndrew

Dear Guests,

We are delighted that you had a relaxing & enjoyable stay with us and found the rooms & resort to be well kept and inviting. I am pleased you enjoyed the private plunge pool within your suite!

Thank you also for your review of the Salt Village. There is certainly some great facilities for families & couples to enjoy.

I hope to welcome you back to Peppers Salt Resort again soon.

Warm Regards,