3,770 results
All reviews plunge pool seasons restaurant pepper salt free movies peppers kingscliff buffet breakfast main pool the gold coast byron bay hotel room bedroom suite relaxing stay school holidays family holiday great facilities across the road great spot
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed for 2 nights to attend a conference. I don't like dual-key apartments and I didn't like this small 'hotel room'. As other reviewers have noted - noisy doors banging at all hours, huge airconditioning units that go all day and night, making it nearly impossible (and very unpleasant) to sit on the balcony and hold a conversation, and television sets that are no bigger than my laptop. Other issues included no desk for working, inadequate bedside lighting for reading, no full-length mirror and an annoying card-key system that required multiple attempts to unlock the door. On the plus side, the breakfast was good, staff were friendly, the pool looked inviting and the location is great. It seems to me that reviews on this site are generally divided according to whether the stay was in the one-bedroom apartment or in the adjoining hotel room. This place has plenty going for it, but I join the concensus that if possible, avoid the hotel rooms.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Good afternoon Business Traveller,

Thank you for your recent feedback provided on the TripAdvisor website.

I'm sorry to read that the Hotel Rooms did not meet your expectations for your recent conference.

I am very happy to read that you found the staff friendly and the breakfast of a good standard.

Once again, thank you for your feedback on Peppers Salt Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I just got home from spending a lovely relaxing weekend at this resort. I stayed in a hotel room and yes like other people have mentioned the room isn't huge but it was certainly big enough for a weekend. The bathroom was very spacious and the balcony was of good size as well. The staff were fantasic, room was clean, breakfast was awesome and pool looked very inviting although I didn't actually get to use it. Free movies was definitely a bonus. Even though there were many children at this resort I found it to still be very quiet. Yes I did here my neighbors leave their room (the connecting 1 bedroom apartment) but at no time was this a bother, you hear the door open and then close again, no big deal). I will definitely be back and would like to stay in a room with a plunge pool as I think that is a fantastic concept that we'd really enjoy. Thank you to all the staff at peppers salt resort for making my stay purely relaxing.

Date of stay: April 2011
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Dear Shaz_220

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the Trip Advisor website regarding your recent experience at Peppers Salt Resort and Spa.

I'm very pleased to read that you had a lovely weekend break finding the time to relax.

Pleased also to read that you found the Hotel Rooms a comfortable standard along with our service offerings and food and beverage.

Make sure you do book the plunge pool suite on your next visit, they offer a fantastic experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Peppers Salt Resort and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

A wonderful place to have a break. It is away from the noise of the Gold Coast, yet so close. The resort is modern and has a great pool. Breakfasts were fantastic. The rooms were spacious, had connecting rooms and were very clean. Upon entry to our room along the corridor, there was a strong odour (like a hospital), which was the only negative. This was a thoroughly enjoyable break. We will be back!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DazzaBrisbane
Damian_Sillars, General Manager at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear DazzaBrisbane,

Thanks for your recent Trip Advisor Review; I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy a short break at our resort and thank you for your positive feedback.

I do however apologise about the odour you experienced in the corridor!

Look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

As you will see from previous comments we have stayed at several Peppers properties and we are hooked. Peppers Salt was just great for us. Although we did not have children with us we did have friends and they behaved and enjoyed the hotel as much as any kid.

The pool is fantastic and a great place to relax but make sure you also use the bikes and go for walks. Kingscliffe is close by and definitely worth a visit. We also played played tennis and partner enjoyed afternoon at Day Spa. If we had any complaint it would be the gym which is stuck in car park and a little small.

We had breakfast included in our package and this would have to be the best value of any hotel. So much choice and the quality was excellent. We also had dnner at Season which is the hotel restaurant and this was very special and again great value. We also enjoyed several of the other food outlets in the Salt Village which is only a short walk.

Must also congradulate the management for including free movies and internet - how good is that and the movies are current!!!

Great hotel - yes we love Peppers hotels.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Havingfun43,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience at Peppers Salt Resort and Spa.

We are very pleased that you have had another enjoyable experience with Peppers and thank you for your continued custom.

It's great to read that you and your friends enjoyed the resorts and local offering's along with our Food and Beverage operation Season.

Pleased also to read that you made use of the in house movies and broadband.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2011

We stayed at Peppers in December for 5 nights, we checked in on Christmas night. Overall, our stay was really enjoyable.

We had previously stayed here before in November 2008 and enjoyed it so mich we decided to return.

We love that everything is walking distance from the resort, particularly the restaurants in Salt Village which are adjacent to the resort, our favorite was Fins! The food was beautiful.

We also loved the buffet breakfast at Season each morning which had a great choice of food.

Only two areas which we noticed could have been imoroved. Firstly, housekeeping would often clean our room very late in the day. I think this may have been due to the resort being so busy which is understandable. Secondly, since our previous visit in Nov 2008, we noticed that the resort was no longer spanking new, in particular our room. Several things were missing and ad hoc, eg incomplete sets of plates, glasses, cutlery, etc. This may be due to each apartment being individually owned? I'm not sure. I did mention it to Reception but the girl didn't seem fussed so maybe all rooms are like that? Anyway not a big deal.

We will definitely return to Peppers at Kingscliff again as overall it is a great package for families.

Date of stay: December 2010