3,650 results
All reviewsocean viewthe gold coastmain poolgreat resorthotel roomtennis courtsbyron bayspa suiterelaxing staytropical poolbuffet breakfastsalt beachbottle shopone bedroom apartmentshort breakself containedgreat facilities
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Held a terrific conference at Salt. Great facilities and terrific location. The conference staff were great and looked after us well. Really lovely waking up and looking at the sunrise across the pool over the sea.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2017

All positive, it was a very clean & comfortable room , nice view wish we took up the two for one breakfast offer, maybe next time. Just thought the TV could have been bigger but that is just a minor observation.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We booked here for a nice weekend away. We paid for a an ocean view and could not see the water at all from our room! We asked the reception and they said they can class any third floor as an ocean room, and that they have asked the council to trim the trees. We also paid for the buffet and had to go to another resort for it, walk and wait 20mins standing outside.

Room Tip: Do not book ocean room. Without inspecting it first
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Salt2487, Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi Erinob,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and share you experience with us. It is very disappointing when a guest rates their stay so lowly, and I am sorry that you did not enjoy yourself more. We have a very popular hotel and a team that really cares about our guests.
I can guarantee that we do NOT sell rooms as "ocean view" just because the room is on the third floor. Many of the hotels rooms on the third floor face out toward the hinterland, or have park views. Obviously, we would never consider these rooms as ocean view or sell them as such. Please contact me personally at the hotel so that I can have a look at your reservation and room allocation. I am confident that when guests book ocean views they will be able to see the gorgeous blue water of the Pacific Ocean. However, I can follow up on the view from the room you stayed in if you let me know what name you made the reservation under.
Thank you for your time once again, I hope to hear from you soon.
Kind regards,
Kurt (Assistant Manager)

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Great place to stay and really relaxing. Great facility and everything was clean. Only complaint was our room was located near the hallway entry which was noisy when the staff was pushing their cleaning or bins around. This is due to the ground being tiled and sloping.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Perfect for a quick getaway. The décor with in the room was out dated and the colouring no longer gave a modern beach chic feel. The staff at the resort as always deliver the highest standard of service. I have stayed in many hotels and resorts around the world and have never received better service then that at Mantra Salt.

Hi Darians,
Thank you for reviewing the hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to share how your stay was with us. I was very happy to read your comments about our staff and service standards. It is delightful to see that we are meeting our goal to be the favorite among our guests. I will share your comments re the hotels décor and colouring with our building manager. We do refurbish the hotel and rooms very regularly, but feedback such as yours helps to keep us on our game. I hope that you will return to see us again and that we have made improvements that will increase the "modern beach chic feel" that you know the hotel for.
Kind regards,